Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Lenses

Old Apr 24, 2008, 8:41 PM   #1

I actually bought this lens off eBay thinking it was a M42 screwmount. When I tried to thread it into my geniune Pentax M42 adapter, it didn't go more than maybe3/4 of a turn. At that point, I figured that it must've been a T-mount lens instead. So I bought a T-mount to K-mount adapter and voila! I now have a really cheap long prime that seems to be a pretty decent lens.

I played with it a little after work when I got home today. Didn't have much to shoot at except the neighbor's house across the street.

Here are a few test shots (I'm pretty sure everything was shot at F11). No PP except resize for the web and nothing on the crop.

Full shot

100% crop

Bokeh

I'm shocked at how good this lens is. Like most lenses of this length, it really has to be stopped down a couple of stops, but I can't complain about the quality considering the price. The shipping ($12.00)cost memore than the lens did ($7.50)!

Including the adapter ($10 shipped), I'm into this thing for less than $30.
maxwell1295 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 25, 2008, 12:15 AM   #2

Hey! I got one of those too! I think mine came with a T to K adapter and even had some of the original plastic packing around the case etc, the strap is still in its little bag but the cardboard box obviously spent many years on the shelf in strong sunlight.

I think yours is the only other reference I have seen to this lens. Do you know any history of the marque etc?

John

John Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2008, 2:44 AM   #3

Motivated by your reminder I got mine out for another look through and I think it really is quite good when stopped down a little. The position of the focus had me foxed for a moment and of course I had forgotten how to use the preset aperture.

Sad thing is though that I can see oil on the blades, maybe not an issue with preset?

John Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2008, 8:11 PM   #4

John Hill wrote:
Quote:
Hey! I got one of those too! I think mine came with a T to K adapter and even had some of the original plastic packing around the case etc, the strap is still in its little bag but the cardboard box obviously spent many years on the shelf in strong sunlight.

I think yours is the only other reference I have seen to this lens. Do you know any history of the marque etc?

John

When I was searching Google for info on this lens a while back, your threads popped up.

I haven't been able to find a lot of info on it. According to this site, it was manufactured in 1971:

http://homepage3.nifty.com/3rdpartyl...party-list.htm

There's another mention of Lentar here:

http://olympuszuiko.wordpress.com/20...e-vivitar-etc/

"The long focus lenses from back then are really something - they are solidly built, heavy, and have come fitted with a tripod ring so as not to damage the camera mountings. These lenses were made by Cambron, Tele-Astranar, Lentar, Spiratone, and of course more familiar companies such as Tamron, Vivitar etc. Some of them were sold with a particular manufacturer's mounts, but since camera mounts changed a lot back then, many lenses were made with something called a 'T mount'."

maxwell1295 is offline   Reply With Quote