Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Lenses

Old May 4, 2008, 10:21 PM   #11

I like that last one - the softness added by the software adds to the picture, rather than detracts. The rose is OK, but a wee bit soft for my taste. But then, I'm rarely happy with any of the red flowers that I photograph and the color in yours is better than most of mine.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2008, 11:38 PM   #12

Hello Harriet,

I changed the rose, by another one; little bit closer & sharper!

Also add another example, trusting that you will like it...:P

Peace,

Alex 007:|
Attached Images

Alex 007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2008, 1:05 PM   #13

A few years ago, this WA to TELE range in a single lens would have been impossible with this level of quality - it is a remarkable optical achievement, but all other things being equal, you cannot expect results to equal those from a lens with ashorter zoomrange. This is a good lens, butIMO not a great one. I have this lens and the 70-300. M<y chief complaint aboutthe 28-300is that the zoom ring is so poorly damped - it slides back much too easily when pointed up and out when pointed down. I have hadsome goodresults withit but not always to equal those with the 70-300. It is a compact and convenient lens to use, albeit it a bit heavy,but many of the images I have gotten have required more tweaking in pp than is required with the 70-300. Bokeh is partly a function of aperture and distance, but the optical formula of a zoom lens with multiple moving elements mayhave aneffect as well. No such lens is perfect - one's needs must determine which trade-offs are acceptable. Same goes for the lighter and even more compact Sigme 28-300 (non APO), which I have in Minolta mount. If your lens meets your needs and expectations, then use it and enjoy it, regardless of what others have to say.
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2008, 12:10 AM   #14

penolta wrote:
Quote:
A few years ago, this WA to TELE range in a single lens would have been impossible with this level of quality - it is a remarkable optical achievement, but all other things being equal, you cannot expect results to equal those from a lens with ashorter zoomrange. This is a good lens, butIMO not a great one. I have this lens and the 70-300. M<y chief complaint aboutthe 28-300is that the zoom ring is so poorly damped - it slides back much too easily when pointed up and out when pointed down. I have hadsome goodresults withit but not always to equal those with the 70-300. It is a compact and convenient lens to use, albeit it a bit heavy,but many of the images I have gotten have required more tweaking in pp than is required with the 70-300. Bokeh is partly a function of aperture and distance, but the optical formula of a zoom lens with multiple moving elements mayhave aneffect as well. No such lens is perfect - one's needs must determine which trade-offs are acceptable. Same goes for the lighter and even more compact Sigme 28-300 (non APO), which I have in Minolta mount. If your lens meets your needs and expectations, then use it and enjoy it, regardless of what others have to say.

My dear Penolta,

Yes what you wrote me, agree 100% with you!. It's always a compromise...for so exist PP...also it's the first version & NOT the last one that now was released for Canon & Nikon (Soon), with "Vibration Control" inside the lens...pity that for Pentax mount will NOT have such "VC" feature...(As the Body has such feature...maybe less effective!:?

BTW...Just waiting for receive my ordered originally grip...I really hope that adding a little bit more "Weight' to my "P&S Set" will help me stabilization the whole combination...what you think?:idea:

Peace,

Alex 007:|
Alex 007 is offline   Reply With Quote