Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Lenses

Old Jul 15, 2008, 3:06 PM   #11

thanks for your reply Jack.. i will try to explain better. one lens has wrote on it. 28-30 takumar-F zoom also macro 80 and in red the letter A then in green 22161185.63.5

then i have a larger lens that says sear MOD NO. 7367500 K orea

thr smallest one also says sears MOD NO.202 7368100. korea

you line up the red dot on the camera to the red dot on the lens and then it just screws right into place.

i hope that helps and some one call tell me if there work with the k200d pentax. thanks again..

sharon
sageb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2008, 3:06 PM   #12

thanks for your reply Jack.. i will try to explain better. one lens has wrote on it. 28-30 takumar-F zoom also macro 80 and in red the letter A then in green 22161185.63.5

you line up the red dot on the camera to the red dot on the lens and then it just screws right into place.

i hope that helps and some one call tell me if there work with the k200d pentax. thanks again..

sharon
Old Jul 15, 2008, 3:06 PM   #13

sharon
Old Jul 15, 2008, 4:35 PM   #14

Welcome Sharon. Don't worry, sometimes the forum sticks and you get a double (or quintriple) post :-).

Pentax Dslr cameras are the best in terms of backwards compatibility. The mount you are describing (lining up the red dots) is called the Pentax K Bayonet Mount. All of the modern digital Pentax slr cameras use this same mount. If your lens had auto focus on your old camera, it will have autofocus on a K200 or K20d. The K200 and K20 will also work with older manual focus lenses but, of course, you still have to manually focus them. I am guessing that your Pentax lens is actually a 28-80mm, which was a common kit lens for the Pentax lineup.

As far as your eyes, the Pentax cameras also are adjustable at the view finder, so you can adjust the camera to work with your vision.

I can't tell you much about the Sears lenses except to repeat that they will work the same on a K200 that they would do on bayonet mount film camera.

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2008, 5:07 PM   #15

thank u so much Tim! i have spend hours and hours reading reviews and all i could find about weather the lens would work or not.. you answed my question so well!

wow u made it easy to understand.. thanks again so much!

sharon
Old Jul 15, 2008, 7:12 PM   #16

You are welcome. This backwards capability was one of the things that attracted me to Pentax in the first place. Pentax had an older mounting system called the M42 screw mount, where the lens was threaded and screwed into the camera (unlike the bayonet mount where it locks in place after a quarter turn). Even these old lenses can work with the K200d, though you need to use an inexpensive adapter. It has been two years since I joined this board and I have learned a ton; if you are looking for answers for Pentax cameras, this is a great place.

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2008, 3:20 AM   #17

sageb wrote:
Quote:
thank u so much Tim! i have spend hours and hours reading reviews and all i could find about weather the lens would work or not.. you answed my question so well!

wow u made it easy to understand.. thanks again so much!

sharon

There you go Sharon,

I'm glad Tim was on hand to answer your question, and if you have more queries ... this is a good place to come, there are many knowledgeable people here who will be

only too glad to be helpful. ... Jack.

jachol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2008, 9:02 AM   #18

thanks Jack and Tim.. u guys make me feel like i can do this.. the lens have just been setting in my bag for year while i use just thje regular camera.. i have looked at pentax before but never coould find what i was loooking for..now the time is right and i will get the k200 pentax.. I need to learn so much.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"I will be reading everything here. i feel i have found a home and friends!

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"have a great day!

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"oh and so sorry about the repeating of my reply before...darn thing got stuck, but now i know..

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"(: