Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Lenses

Old Jun 1, 2008, 12:25 AM   #1

I have an old 500mm (long) T mount lens somewhere which used to work OK with my old K1000 and SFXN .

I suppose it wouldneed experimenting with manual exposures to see if it is worth using with the K10D.

Suggestions appreciated.

Ian McHenry
Ian Mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 1, 2008, 4:03 AM   #2

I use one with my *ist D with no problem. You may have to adjust the focal distance, though. The D allows metering with manual lenses, and I believe the K10 D does also.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"brian
VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2008, 4:47 AM   #3

Hi, I've used a long 400mm T mount preset lens with my K100D, but it's definitely a tripod lens. Technique is to useit fully manual,focus wide open, then shut down the lensto the aperture you've preset, and use the AE-L button to set shutter speed ( no doubt you can do similarly with the K10D, which I'm not familiar with). I need a better tripod though, but since it isn't something I use a lot I haven't gone to the expense. I have tried it on a monopod, but it's a rather unwieldy arrangement, and results haven't been all that good. My comments for what they're worth. ... Jack.
jachol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2008, 5:01 PM   #4

Thanks Brian & Jack

That's reassuring.

Last time I used this lens was 20 years ago with a sturdy monopod which worked fine.

Cheers: Ian Mc
Old Jun 2, 2008, 3:10 AM   #5

Go for it Ian, nothing lost by trying it out ... My relatively poor results with the monopod, were down to it being a rather clumsy set-up, lens alone is 15" long, I found it very awkward in use. Much easier on the tripod, and excellent results provided I used the mirror up + 2 second timer, not the most useful way to shoot wildlife though. ... Jack.
Old Jun 2, 2008, 5:32 AM   #6

Cheers Jack

I got my original monopod a London Camera Exchange in The Strand in 1988 and it served me well till recently.Just picked up a sturdy Velbon monopodat aspecial price so quite chuffed.

Also got a Vivitar Series 1 200mm battery powered auto focus lens at LCS which was great for the 1988 Farnborough Airshow with K1000.

Good suggestion about using the self timer on tripod for distant scenery etc.

Thanks for that.

Cheers: Ian Mc
Old Jul 15, 2008, 10:55 AM   #7

I ran across your chat forum when searching for info about my old pentax.

I need help>>>(:
I have a pentax I got in the 80's from sear.. it came with to lens.. the camera and lens are auto adjust cause I don't see well and all my picture would be blur with out this.. I have been reading about the new pentax k200d.. camera sound great BUT will it use my old sear lens that work on my old pentax and still auto adjust the picture so I can be sure there be clear?

am not a member but if u could ask your member, maybe someone would know..

thanks for your time

Sharon
sageb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2008, 12:47 PM   #8

Hi Sharon,

Welcome to the board. Re. your question ... I think you need to be more specific about the lens details, and perhaps tell us what your old camera wasfor anyone to give a good answer on this one. ... Jack.
Old Jul 15, 2008, 3:05 PM   #9

thanks for your reply Jack.. i will try to explain better. one lens has wrote on it. 28-30 takumar-F zoom also macro 80 and in red the letter A then in green 22161185.63.5

then i have a larger lens that says sear MOD NO. 7367500 K orea

thr smallest one also says sears MOD NO.202 7368100. korea

you line up the red dot on the camera to the red dot on the lens and then it just screws right into place.

i hope that helps and some one call tell me if there work with the k200d pentax. thanks again..

sharon
Old Jul 15, 2008, 3:06 PM   #10

thanks for your reply Jack.. i will try to explain better. one lens has wrote on it. 28-30 takumar-F zoom also macro 80 and in red the letter A then in green 22161185.63.5

then i have a larger lens that says sear MOD NO. 7367500 K orea

thr smallest one also says sears MOD NO.202 7368100. korea

you line up the red dot on the camera to the red dot on the lens and then it just screws right into place.

i hope that helps and some one call tell me if there work with the k200d pentax. thanks again..

sharon