Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Lenses

Old Jul 4, 2008, 11:18 PM   #1

Awesome. Ordered the 50-135 last sunday midday my time from B&H. Received it thursday afternoon. Screwed it on and took some pics. Here is one of my Manx cat. Taken wide open at 2.8. 1/640 and iso100. Fairly large crop. Very silent and very quick focusing which is different to the one i tried at a local PMA. I thought that one was slow. That particular one was slower than the Bigma i tried. Took a few with mine and very pleased with all of them. Been raining ever since so its resting. Oh, My camera is a K10D which does everything i want it to. I dont have any of these focus problems at all and after 14 months, im still learning things about it. All the knobs on it are not for show. They all work and i use the lot. I use up to 800 iso without any problems. Back to the original point. Going by these first few shots with the 50-135, its a awesome lens.:-)

Cheers Keith
Attached Images

Keithg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 5, 2008, 5:26 AM   #2

Really nice, Keith, and congratulations. Right off the bat you're demonstrating why some of us love that lens so much. I never had any of the focusing problems some have mentioned with the lens and the K10d, either. Good shooting!

Paul
Trojansoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2008, 9:09 AM   #3

You can't complain about that,that is a lovely clear sharp example, the snaps not bad either.

Nice one Keith.

Simon
simowills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2008, 12:35 PM   #4

Very nice. I have read some posts of people having problems with the 16-50mm but I don't think I have read anything yet of someone unhappy with the 50-135mm.

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2008, 2:55 PM   #5

Keith

Happy to hear one of the usual out of box success stories the incidents of which are very much underreported I believe.
It is somewhat like what you see in the newspaper that people getting shot for no reason. And people having a good time going to work and raising a family happily will never be reported.
Congrat on your new lens. And we look forward to seeing more of your stellar shots.

Daniel
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2008, 3:38 PM   #6

Wonderful picture of your cat - I know you'll find the 50-135 an awesome lens. I really think this lens is going to become one of Pentax's classic lenses. It's certainly one of my best lenses.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2008, 4:31 PM   #7

danielchtong wrote:
Quote:
Keith

Happy to hear one of the usual out of box success stories the incidents of which are very much underreported I believe.
It is somewhat like what you see in the newspaper that people getting shot for no reason. And people having a good time going to work and raising a family happily will never be reported.
Congrat on your new lens. And we look forward to seeing more of your stellar shots.

Daniel
Daniel

You are so right. Its always the minority that get reported. Would love to see a story on the happy family. Be a change lol. Might be a story here when my wife finds out i have the lens.:-) Just kidding.

Be well. Keith
Old Jul 5, 2008, 4:43 PM   #8

mtngal wrote:
Quote:
Wonderful picture of your cat - I know you'll find the 50-135 an awesome lens. I really think this lens is going to become one of Pentax's classic lenses. It's certainly one of my best lenses.
Thankyou. She is a Manx. Really good to hear you are so happy with your lens. Hopefully i will get to use mine again today. Here is another pic i took with it. This one at the long end. 135mm and wide open. 2.8 and 100 iso. 1/2000 sec.

Have fun and be well. :-)

Keith
Attached Images

Old Aug 14, 2008, 5:03 AM   #9

Still pleased with the performance of this lens. Here is one taken at 1/160 at 3.5 and 100 iso
Attached Images

Old Aug 14, 2008, 5:05 AM   #10

Here is a 2nd one of Peta taken at 1/160 at 5.6 and 400 iso. Both taken in raw
Attached Images