Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Lenses

Old Jul 31, 2008, 5:26 PM   #11

Thats good to hear! Did I see you paid $355 for yours? Do you think that was a good price? I got mine for equivalent to $230 but it will cost me $150 for the cleaning, I am comfortable with that price.

However, after not seeing one for sale for many years here there has been another advertised and this one is claimed to be free of fungus. I bid on that one too and got it for the equivalent of about $225! Now I will be able to choose the best and sell the other.

I have been considering making an improved 'photo sniper' bracket and maybe I will have a 'Photo Sniper for Pentax' for sale!
John Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2008, 7:36 PM   #12

Pricing of used lenses is always a good question, and a subject with which I usually have pretty bad luck. I'll pick a lens that I'm interested in, research the average price that it's selling for on eBay, and start bidding. It seems that every lens that I bid on sells for over the average price (and my bid), and every lens I don't bid on sells for less than the average bid.

That said, I felt that $355 for a prime 400mm lens was actually pretty low.

Now, you say that they're going for quite a bit less than that. Oh, well............

I'm still satisfied, and you probably are, too!
PinonMesaJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2008, 1:00 AM   #13

Thats the way it goes with on-line auctions!

I did pay less for my first one but with cleaning it will be quite a bit more than $355. The second, if it does not need cleaning, will be quite a bit cheaper!

Old Aug 8, 2008, 10:44 PM   #14

Rats! The weather has been most unkind and as I go to work each day I have not had my new revised Foto-Snaiper-For-Pentax out except for one day where I didnt get any keeper shots anyway.