Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Lenses

Old Aug 9, 2008, 1:17 AM   #1

I've been after a Vivitar series one 70-210 group 3 Komine made lens for a while now and finally landed one. I probably paid more than I should but these are getting scarce and it is a real collectors item. I own a Group 1 and a Group 2 but they are f/3.5 constant aperture lenses. All manual even the aperture. Don't get me wrong they are great lenses. The Group 3 lens is a f/2.8-f/4 lens. This lens is also auto aperture which I hope will aid in shooting a little faster and allow me to adjust it with the camera controls. Looks very good except the rubber grip on the focus sleeve is coming loose. Need to fix that soon I guess. I plan on shooting an antique engine and tractor show tomorrow so we will see how it performs. The guy posting the lens said it was a 70-120mm lens but the lens manual in the photo says 70-210mm. Since Vivitar never made a 70-120mm Series One lens, when I first saw the post I thought it might be a Group 3 70-210 and I was right. I wonder how many passed it by with out giving it a second look. Sometimes knowing a little of a brands lenses can help find that one special lens at a cheaper price. These have sold for up to 300 dollars. I guess my price wasn't too high. But Little Dawg feels differently....I just figured the opportunity might not knock again and went on and bid till I won. Now I have a couple more months of lunch money to save up to pay Little Dawg back for the cost. Oh Well!!
This is the lens as shown on ebay....
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...:IT&ih=016

Here is a page showing and discussing the Series One Vivitar lenses.
http://www.robertstech.com/vivitar.htm

All of you have a nice weekend....Mine has certainly started right!! Oh yeah....WWOOOOPIIIIIEEEEE :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 10, 2008, 12:06 PM   #2

that was a little high for that one. i had one exactly like it in mint condition. i finally sold it for something else. i still haven't for anything that beats the pentax 70-210/4 and you can get them for under 100usd just about any time.. i liked the color of the pentax just a wee little bit more.

enjoy,
roy
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2008, 6:45 PM   #3

The color delivered by the Vivitar is closer to the Kodak colors I am used to. I don't know if the group 3 is any sharper than my Tokina made group 2 but I do like the faster wide end.
:|
Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote