Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Lenses

Old Sep 25, 2008, 6:14 PM   #1

Much to my surprise, a couple of days ago I logged on to Adorama's sight and made a perfunctory check to see if they had received the new Sigma 70-200, and no longer saw the red "this item backordered" notification that had adorned the product description since spring. After purchasing both the 1.4X and 2..0X APO teleconverters for use with my Bigma, and knowing I could use either with the 70-200, I had decided to wait on the Sigma, even if it meant I had to wait several months later than I would for the Tamron.

I had just about given hope on replacing my 70-200 stolen last summer in Hawaii before the end of football season. I have to admit that I was surprised that the lag time between the actual shipping date of the Tamron (end of August) and the shipping date for the Sigma was only about three weeks.

I have to admit some trepidation about being a "first-adopter" of the new HSM system on the Pentax body, but now I'm excited about being able to take it out for a test drive this weekend.

I'll post when I get enough to make some comments. Is anyone using the Tamron 70-200? I'd love to see some comparisons.

Paul

P.S. After ordering mine from Adorama Tuesday evening, I got an e-mail today from B & H, saying they had received a shipment of them.

Trojansoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 25, 2008, 8:22 PM   #2

Only one thang ta' say here Paul....MY NAME.....YOUR WILL....LENSES GO TO ME....PLEASE!

YER DAWGY GUY!!!

bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2008, 8:29 PM   #3

Congratulations, looking forward to seeing some shots and reading your impressions Paul!

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2008, 10:01 PM   #4

bigdawg wrote:
Quote:
Only one thang ta' say here Paul....MY NAME.....YOUR WILL....LENSES GO TO ME....PLEASE!
Sorry, Ed. My youngest son is also a Pentaxian and he's put in a prior claim. However, he only lives a couple of hours north of you, so you can go visit my lenses if you want.....

Paul
Trojansoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2008, 10:34 PM   #5

I'm going to be watching for your pictures and your impressions about this lens. I just can't make up my mind what type of lens to get for something around 200mm.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2008, 8:58 PM   #6

Trojansoc wrote:
Quote:
Much to my surprise, a couple of days ago I logged on to Adorama's sight and made a perfunctory check to see if they had received the new Sigma 70-200, and no longer saw the red "this item backordered" notification that had adorned the product description since spring.* After purchasing both the 1.4X and 2..0X APO teleconverters for use with my Bigma, and knowing I could use either with the 70-200, I had decided to wait on the Sigma, even if it meant I had to wait several months later than I would for the Tamron.

I had just about given hope on replacing my 70-200 stolen last summer in Hawaii before the end of football season.* I have to admit that I was surprised that the lag time between the actual shipping date of the Tamron (end of August) and the shipping date for the Sigma was only about three weeks.

I have to admit some trepidation about being a "first-adopter" of the new HSM system on the Pentax body, but now I'm excited about being able to take it out for a test drive this weekend.

I'll post when I get enough to make some comments.* Is anyone using the Tamron 70-200?** I'd love to see some comparisons.

Paul

P.S. After ordering mine from Adorama Tuesday evening, I got an e-mail today from B & H, saying they had received a shipment of them.
Congrat
We both ordered the Tamron and you ended up with a Sigma equivalent. I settle for the time being with a FA135mm & da200mm instead to cover this FL range. Look forward to more images from you.

Daniel
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2008, 10:56 PM   #7

Trojansoc wrote:
Quote:
bigdawg wrote:
Quote:
Sorry, Ed. My youngest son is also a Pentaxian and he's put in a prior claim. However, he only lives a couple of hours north of you, so you can go visit my lenses if you want.....

Paul
Some how I knew that would be your answer!!

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote