Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Lenses

Old Nov 27, 2008, 6:11 PM   #11

thkn777 wrote:
Quote:
Hey Dawg,
a really impressive collection... and it really makes me think over my own lens collection. It's the size/weight vs. quality/price discussion with a bit of "how many times do you use it" thrown into what I am talking about. *sigh*
I know I go through the same inner conversation almost daily. I do use each of these in different ways and as long as they get used once every 6 months and put a smile on my face with the results then I feel they are justified. Same with my collection of 70-210's and my 50mm ones and my wide angle ones and my medium 135mm to 150mm ones and etc,..etc.. LOL The nice thing is the Bigma covers most of the ranges and I only need the Kit lens and the Bigma to cover all of that. It is still a joy to me to use the others as earlier in my life I wanted these but could not affored them.

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2008, 10:10 PM   #12

The Old Dawg wrote:
Quote:
It is still a joy to me to use the others as earlier in my life I wanted these but could not affored them.

Woof woof! I know it exactly! I could, I suppose, buy at least some new stuff but I enjoy the buying I would have liked in the past! Not just camera gear but also all the tools in the shed and of course my Lego trains!:lol:

(Now I wonder if that little filly with the blue eyes and the long hair is still available in my home town?:G)

John Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2008, 6:38 PM   #13

John Hill wrote:
Quote:
The Old Dawg wrote:
Quote:
It is still a joy to me to use the others as earlier in my life I wanted these but could not affored them.

Woof woof! I know it exactly! I could, I suppose, buy at least some new stuff but I enjoy the buying I would have liked in the past! Not just camera gear but also all the tools in the shed and of course my Lego trains!:lol:

(Now I wonder if that little filly with the blue eyes and the long hair is still available in my home town?:G)
Go for it guy...then LBA will seem cheap...LOL:G

Dawg
Old Dec 3, 2008, 11:57 PM   #14

Can anyone tell me that the Meyer Orestegor 300/4 has a removable mount of each lens? I wonder that I can change a mount if carries a Pentacon 6 mount to M42? Because this lens is quite awesome in terms of image quality and I want to get one of this lens.

thx.....:-)
bluemount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2008, 9:31 AM   #15

There are interchangeable mounts for these lenses. Really very easy to change out too.
Here is one you can get. There are probably ones for cheaper prices out there.
http://cgi.ebay.ie/M-42-Adapter-f-Zeiss-Pentacon-Orestegor-300-500-mm-M42_W0QQitemZ370123255632QQcmdZViewItemQQptZDE_Ele ktronik_Computer_Foto_Camcorder_Foto_Camcorderzube h%C3%B6r_PM?hash=item370123255632&_trksid=p328 6.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1301|66%3A2|65%3A12|39 %3A1|240%3A1318

Dawg
Old Dec 4, 2008, 11:52 AM   #16

Hi Dawg,

So do you think this mount is interchangeable as well?

thx
Attached Images

Old Dec 4, 2008, 5:54 PM   #17

If it is a Meyer 300mm f/4 Orestegor or 500mm f/5.6 Orestegor then the rear knurled ring will loosen and come off and the lens mount can be changed out for a screw mount version. There are also mounts for the Pentax 645, Pentax 6x7, Exacta, and Topcon, cameras as well. For a digital Pentax there are only screw mount;s available and you would need to buy a Screw mount to K-mount adapter to make it fit the new digital cameras. I'll do some photos tomorrow and post them tomorrow night so you can see how the interchangeable mount works.

Dawg
Old Dec 4, 2008, 6:18 PM   #18

Hi Dawg,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I think I should come here more often. Because I find out there are many info that check here and make this site more knowledgeable to others.

I don't have this lens yet, but thinking about to get one. I like the taste of Meyer's performance quite well. May people might have various comments about this brand, but I found some other sites with quite wonderful out come with Meyer lenses. I will not just buy one side of the corn. This is not my type. :G
Old Dec 5, 2008, 10:15 AM   #19

bluemount wrote:
Quote:
Hi Dawg,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I think I should come here more often. Because I find out there are many info that check here and make this site more knowledgeable to others.

I don't have this lens yet, but thinking about to get one. I like the taste of Meyer's performance quite well. May people might have various comments about this brand, but I found some other sites with quite wonderful out come with Meyer lenses. I will not just buy one side of the corn. This is not my type. :G
If you like the Meyer lenses then look at the Pentacon lenses as well. That is the name that Meyer changed to in the early 80's. So the Pentacon Six lenses are made by the same people that made the Meyer Gorlitz lens.

Dawg

Old Dec 5, 2008, 11:10 AM   #20

bigdawg wrote:
Quote:
bluemount wrote:
Quote:
Hi Dawg,

If you like the Meyer lenses then look at the Pentacon lenses as well. That is the name that Meyer changed to in the early 80's. So the Pentacon Six lenses are made by the same people that made the Meyer Gorlitz lens.

Dawg
But I like the design of Meyer more than Pentacon, at least they look better to me. :lol: