Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Lenses

Old Dec 18, 2008, 6:46 PM   #41

I have never seen that one. Looks more like an unfinished re-machined mount.
A couple of places to look...

http://rick_oleson.tripod.com/index-99.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lens_mount

It may be an early version of the Exacta camera. According to this page it was used on the Exa and Exa1 cameras. This is about as close a mount to the one you show as I've been able to find.

http://www.wrotniak.net/photo/exakta/lenses.html

Dawg
Attached Images

bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2008, 6:55 PM   #42

It looks 'finished' to me, you see that little indentation where a screw is supposed to lock?

I expect there was a camera specific mount that fits neating over the end of this piece and locks into place with one or more set screws.
John Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2008, 10:30 PM   #43

John Hill wrote:
Quote:
It looks 'finished' to me, you see that little indentation where a screw is supposed to lock?

I expect there was a camera specific mount that fits neating over the end of this piece and locks into place with one or more set screws.
Eventually, it is finished mount. I tried to use another adapter mount put it on, and it works perfectly!!!

That adapter mount originally is attached on my Russian 8mm fisheye lens. However I don't know the name of the adapter, and just don't know were to fine? Is it a T2 mount? But sounds that is not quite so. I have no idea.

bluemount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2008, 11:29 PM   #44

John Hill wrote:
Quote:

Eventually, it is finished mount. I tried to use another adapter mount put it on, and it works perfectly!!!

That adapter mount originally is attached on my Russian 8mm fisheye lens. However I don't know the name of the adapter, and just don't know were to fine? Is it a T2 mount? But sounds that is not quite so. I have no idea.

Old Dec 18, 2008, 11:49 PM   #45

John Hill wrote:
Quote:

Old Dec 19, 2008, 2:20 AM   #46

This looks very much like it would fit half of a two-piece 'T' adapter as is sold for attaching SLR cameras to telescopes.

I wish I could find a picture but I cant so maybe a word picture will suffice..

The telescope adapter I have is in two pieces, there is an outer ring which carries the mounting flange for the Pentax K. This ringlocks to an inner ring with set screws. The inside of the inner ring is 42mm "T" thread, which is the same diameter but different pitch to the M42 camera thread. (0.75mm pitch for the T and 1.0mm pitch for the M42 camera thread)

I believe that T and T2 mounts are compatible, the big difference is that T2 mounts are in two pieces and I presume they are made in this way so that the set screws can be loosened and the mount adjusted until the camera is horizontal, but thats not really important here.

What is important is that the inner diameter of the outer ring, the one that carries the camera flange, looks to be the right size to clamp on to that lens of yours!

Precis: I think half of a T2 mount will fit that lens and you can get a T2 from a camera source or most likely a telescope source!

John Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2008, 9:23 AM   #47

A T2 adapter can be found here.

http://www.zoerk.com/pages/p_mounta.htm

Here is a t2 to M42 l2ns mount adapter on Ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/M42-Screw-T2-Len...17137010r30473

Dawg
Old Dec 19, 2008, 9:26 AM   #48

A little more here...

http://www.freelists.org/post/leicar...nted-to-know,1

Dawg
Old Dec 19, 2008, 10:05 AM   #49

bigdawg wrote:
Quote:
A little more here...

http://www.freelists.org/post/leicar...nted-to-know,1

Dawg
thanks Dawg.....
Old Dec 19, 2008, 10:10 AM   #50

John Hill wrote:
Quote:
This looks very much like it would fit half of a two-piece 'T' adapter as is sold for attaching SLR cameras to telescopes.

I wish I could find a picture but I cant so maybe a word picture will suffice..

The telescope adapter I have is in two pieces, there is an outer ring which carries the mounting flange for the Pentax K. This ringlocks to an inner ring with set screws. The inside of the inner ring is 42mm "T" thread, which is the same diameter but different pitch to the M42 camera thread. (0.75mm pitch for the T and 1.0mm pitch for the M42 camera thread)

I believe that T and T2 mounts are compatible, the big difference is that T2 mounts are in two pieces and I presume they are made in this way so that the set screws can be loosened and the mount adjusted until the camera is horizontal, but thats not really important here.

What is important is that the inner diameter of the outer ring, the one that carries the camera flange, looks to be the right size to clamp on to that lens of yours!

Precis: I think half of a T2 mount will fit that lens and you can get a T2 from a camera source or most likely a telescope source!

Hi John,

I'm just wondering the diameter of the inner part of the outer ring and this is the most important part. If the measurement is not correct, there will be a waste.

In the town I'm living, I don't they have such adapter in store. They have to make a special order, and the price is almost double or triple then ebay. :sad: