Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Lenses

Old Jan 6, 2009, 8:03 PM   #11

I second the opinions of Dawg on the FA 50mm, and Tim, Daniel, and Penolta on the Sigma 24-60mm. I have both the FA 50mm f1.4 and the Sigma 24-60mm f2.8 EX DG. The Sigma is always on my K100D.Bought the Sigma from Cameta. But if you order the Sigma from Cameta, do it from the Amazon web site. For some reason it's cheaper ordering through Amazon than directly from Cameta's ebay store. Go figure.

If I could only have one it would be a tough choice. Many say that a fast 50mm prime is a must have, But I find I get more use from the Sigma 24-60mm.

Jim

Edit - Sorry, I should have checked my facts before I posted. I just did a search on Amazon and ebay and didn't find the Sigma 24-60mm EX DG in Pentax mount. Maybe Cameta is out of them.
a200user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2009, 9:24 PM   #12

a200user wrote:
Quote:
Edit - Sorry, I should have checked my facts before I posted.* I just did a search on Amazon and ebay and didn't find the Sigma 24-60mm EX DG in Pentax mount.* Maybe Cameta is out of them.
Keep checking ebay - for some reason Cameta does not list all of their ebay offerings on their home web page. Can't say what they do with their Amazon offerings. Anything listed on ebay has to be guaranteed to be in stock, so it may be that they can't safely list the same item in two places where it might sell from the wrong one first. Before I ordered mine from Henry's, I checked both ebay and their home pages, but didn't find it. A day or two later, Cameta put one up (same price, shorter warranty). Go figure. Anyway, stock in discontinued items is bound to be limited and stock may not be replentishable. so if you want one, grab it while you can.. And price can vary by mount - Pentax can be a little higher from the same seller than other mounts - may be in shorter supply?
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2009, 1:14 PM   #13

a200user wrote:
Quote:
Edit - Sorry, I should have checked my facts before I posted.* I just did a search on Amazon and ebay and didn't find the Sigma 24-60mm EX DG in Pentax mount.* Maybe Cameta is out of them.
Cameta has one listed right now on ebay at $249 USD.
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2009, 4:59 PM   #14

For lowlight indoors – go prime. MF or AF, go prime!

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote