Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Lenses

Old Dec 20, 2008, 1:21 PM   #1

go get it

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...:X:RTQ:US:1123
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 21, 2008, 3:49 AM   #2

Hm,

I don't own a Adaptall-Adapter, delivery is $50, add some taxes on final price (around 7% if it's in a given limit, below $200 item price or so iirc)... still an interesting offer!

I am unsure about "A" capabilities - is this lens fully manual (I think so)?

1.3kg is some weight to carry around, too - but you get an all metal&glas lens, quite fast and it's a zoom that covers a nice range.

Th.
thkn777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2008, 5:29 AM   #3

thkn777 wrote:
Quote:
Hm,

I don't own a Adaptall-Adapter, delivery is $50, add some taxes on final price (around 7% if it's in a given limit, below $200 item price or so iirc)... still an interesting offer!

I am unsure about "A" capabilities - is this lens fully manual (I think so)?

1.3kg is some weight to carry around, too - but you get an all metal&glas lens, quite fast and it's a zoom that covers a nice range.

Th.
Th,

If you have a AD2 - P/KA adaptor (Not cheap)you have the option to set the aperture ring to AE this in effect gives you the same functions as a Pentax "A" lens as

in this position the lenssettings ie.shutter speed or aperturecan be controlled from the camera body, depending on the operating mode. When not set to AE ...

operation is completely manual. ... Jack
jachol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2008, 8:25 AM   #4

jachol wrote:
Quote:
Th,

If you have a AD2 - P/KA adaptor (Not cheap)you have the option to set the aperture ring to AE this in effect gives you the same functions as a Pentax "A" lens as

in this position the lenssettings ie.shutter speed or aperturecan be controlled from the camera body, depending on the operating mode. When not set to AE ...

Hm,
thanks for the explanation. Yes - Adaptall2-PK/A Adapters are expensive, I lost some bets on these as I wasn't willing to pay the insane prices others payed. My main question was about the "A" capabilities of an Adaptall lens (again: Adaptall - not Adaptall-2 !!!) as I was thinking Adaptall lenses were fully manual only anyway.

Kind regards,
Th.
thkn777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2008, 8:40 AM   #5

thkn777 wrote:
Quote:
jachol wrote:
Quote:
Th,

Hm,
thanks for the explanation. Yes - Adaptall2-PK/A Adapters are expensive, I lost some bets on these as I wasn't willing to pay the insane prices others payed. My main question was about the "A" capabilities of an Adaptall lens (again: Adaptall - not Adaptall-2 !!!) as I was thinking Adaptall lenses were fully manual only anyway.

Kind regards,
Th.
OK Th,

Sorry !, I missed your point re. Tamron lenses in general.

Re. the AD2-P/KA adaptors ... I managed to pick up a couple attached to lenses where the description of the auction wasn't all that good, and needed a bit of

detective work, ...I got them at bargain prices, and sold the lenses on tosweeten the deal. There's more than one way to skin a cat. LOL... Jack
jachol is offline   Reply With Quote