Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Lenses

Old Jan 19, 2009, 4:48 PM   #1

Hello all,

I took these shots in Berlin some days ago (http://forums.steves-digicams.com/fo...jump_to=954837 ) and I was really astonished, how much detail I found in them.

I played around with Raw Therapee and after a while I tried to push things a bit. I blew the RAW file up by 250% before generating the output file, applied some noise reduction and basic postprocessing already in Raw Therapee, then continued to work on them in another program. Basically I tried to get rid of the foggy feeling (it really started to get foggy btw) and the softness that came from the 250% enlargement and noise reduction, but no real advanced tricks used at the end.

I'll post some crops from the second image, it's something like 1:1 (not exactly, but close). Keep in mind, that the TV tower, where I was standing, is around 204m above the ground and I was shooting through a window, too. Can you imagine, what a better camera, like the K20d, would have been able to capture?! I should really start to save for it, hm?

Anyway - to me the result is astonishing, to say the least. I wasn't expecting that, really. This is coming from a 6mp dSLR and a fully manual 30+ years old lens. Surprise! :G

C&C welcome - what do you say?

Best regards,
Th.
Attached Images

thkn777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 19, 2009, 4:49 PM   #2

#2 what you see in the middle is... ice My guess is, that they had lots of snow and people just walked on it and before they could knew they had some ice on the roads/sidewalks and places.
Attached Images

Old Jan 19, 2009, 4:54 PM   #3

Attached Images

Old Jan 19, 2009, 4:55 PM   #4

Attached Images