Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Lenses

Old Feb 19, 2009, 7:42 PM   #11

I use a number of these adapters and have usually found it was possible to drill a little notch in the rear of the lens body, where that has not been possible I have turned up a small alloy ring to fit around the lens body and put the notch in that with the ring glued to the lens body.

To stop the adapter unscrewing from the lens I use use an old TC as a 'wrench' and screw it on as tight as I can!

John Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2009, 12:08 PM   #12

I too cut/fileslots (easier than drilling) in lens bases. It is a much better approach as the lens locks to the camera.

However some people think this isesthetically awful at best andagregious violation of an important historical artifact at worst. Also, it is not always possible, as some lens bases are too small.

There are reasonable alternatives to whacking. A dollop of solder at the end of the ear perhaps?

Making the bayonet ears force-fit the flanges will incerase wear; in not-to-long a time, things will wear & deform until the fit is "just right"; this state will persist for quite a while I'll bet. When things loosen, simply re-whack.
newarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2009, 12:08 PM   #13

sorry, duplicate entry; I have a small attention span.
newarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2009, 11:59 PM   #14

Newart, when I am drilling the lens body I use the front piece from an unwanted teleconverter as a template. This makes it really easy to get the hole in the right place without too much damage to the appearance of the lens.
John Hill is offline   Reply With Quote