Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Lenses

Old Feb 27, 2009, 10:07 PM   #21

some thing i found , and it just might be me, is that the M42 was betterthan theK mount.. not that much .
since i can't judge them side by side this just may be oldtimers????

roy
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2009, 11:23 AM   #22

robar wrote:
Quote:
some thing i found , and it just might be me, is that the M42 was betterthan theK mount.. not that much .
since i can't judge them side by side this just may be oldtimers????

roy
It's not oldtimers!

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2010, 4:46 PM   #23

I found an old Vivitar 400mm f6.3 that's as clean as if it were just out of the box, but alas, no way (yet) to mount it to an EOS body.

It's a T4 mount...any clues?

Thanks!
FiatLux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2010, 8:22 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiatLux View Post
I found an old Vivitar 400mm f6.3 that's as clean as if it were just out of the box, but alas, no way (yet) to mount it to an EOS body.

It's a T4 mount...any clues?

Thanks!
You can get a M42 adapter for that T4 then buy a M42 to EOS Adapter. You can find a M42 to Eos adapter here...http://www.fotodiox.com/catalog/prod...roducts_id=124

The M42 T4 mount can be found on Ebay almost every day.

Put the 2 together and the lens will work on the EOS camera. Be sure to read the info on Fotodix web site about the camera metering and focusing. If you cannot find a M42 T4 mount, then PM me and we will try to work something out.
Old Mar 21, 2010, 12:10 PM   #25

Thank you...a very generous response.
Old Mar 21, 2010, 2:11 PM   #26

Quote:
Thank you...a very generous response.
You are very welcome. Are you sure this is a T4 and not a T or T2 mount. Do you have a photo of it you could post here?
Old Mar 21, 2010, 11:38 PM   #27

As far as the photos I've seen, it is identical to a T4.

I will proceed with the M42 adapter...I needed one anyway.

Thanks again.
Old Mar 27, 2010, 9:56 AM   #28

Quote:
As far as the photos I've seen, it is identical to a T4.

I will proceed with the M42 adapter...I needed one anyway.

Thanks again.
You are more than welcome.
Old Apr 3, 2010, 3:28 AM   #29

Dawg,

I think that you must be the one who can answer my question. I just bought a Tokina/Vivitar 200 f3.5, just like the one that you seem to have. It is a M42 mount, but with the Pentax K mount adapter, it will not stop down for metering or for the shutter unless I am holding the little rounded off "M" lever. What am I doing wrong, or do I need to find another T mount adapter for Pentax?

Additionally, I haven't found instructions for removing the T mount. It looks just like the ones in your photos. I assume that the aperture ring must be in a certain place to remove the mount, but I don't know where that is. My copy is in perfect condition, but I don't know how to use it!
dawsonjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2010, 6:42 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawsonjm View Post
Dawg,

I think that you must be the one who can answer my question. I just bought a Tokina/Vivitar 200 f3.5, just like the one that you seem to have. It is a M42 mount, but with the Pentax K mount adapter, it will not stop down for metering or for the shutter unless I am holding the little rounded off "M" lever. What am I doing wrong, or do I need to find another T mount adapter for Pentax?

Additionally, I haven't found instructions for removing the T mount. It looks just like the ones in your photos. I assume that the aperture ring must be in a certain place to remove the mount, but I don't know where that is. My copy is in perfect condition, but I don't know how to use it!
For your first question go here. READ ALL OF THIS BEFORE DOING ANYTHING!!! You'll see why I say this when you read it. http://gabriel.mp3-tech.org/blog/ind...y090314-192403

For your second one...there is a Plastic block with O-L on it and arrows pointing in opposite directions. Set the Aperture ring to F/5.6. (you'll notice it is a different color than the other numbers and usually raised above the others. See photo.....
Now depress the metal tab sticking above the afore mentioned plastic block, and turn the very back ring of the lens mount (The one the plastic block is mounted on) counter clockwise with the lens mount end of the lens facing you. It should rotate and come off. The "O" on the plastic block is for Open and the "L" is for lock. follow the arrows. Here is another look at the TX mounting system which is almost identical to the T4 system. http://books.google.com/books?id=GQE...20lens&f=false
Attached Images

Last edited by bigdawg; Apr 3, 2010 at 6:52 PM.
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote