Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Lenses

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 25, 2009, 11:55 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
bigdawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Thach Alabama
Posts: 14,981
Default

penolta wrote:
Quote:
Ebay is no longer as user unfriendly as it used to be. Unless items were sold "as is" the seller is obliged to take back anything with undisclosed defects. If you paid by PayPal, you have Buyer's Protection and can get a refund from them and they will go back to the seller themselves. If a lens has been dropped there may be internal misalignments that you can't see until you use it, and switching lenses is no guarantee that the swapped elements will match properly - a couple of bucks aren't worth the bother, but if you paid more than a few dollars for something, don't suffer with it send it back!
Thanks for the info. But I am absolutly sure the front element is going to do fine. As for the 400mm the only thing that is wrong with it is the missing lock block and I'll soon remedy that. Not enough money involved to worry really.

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2009, 1:36 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 1,868
Default

I feel your pain Dawg.

Too many now expect make a killing on every sale on eBay, and most of what they are selling is crap. But they mi-sell it knowing that most people don't bother to follow up and demand their money back.

I am surprised by the number of claims I now have to wither pursue or threaten.


Of course, most out there are still honest traders, thankfully!!


If I had received what you did, it would have been useless to me.

Lucky you are able to make modifications etc.....


Dal
Dal1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2009, 6:44 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
bigdawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Thach Alabama
Posts: 14,981
Default

Dal1970 wrote:
Quote:
I feel your pain Dawg.

Too many now expect make a killing on every sale on eBay, and most of what they are selling is crap. But they mi-sell it knowing that most people don't bother to follow up and demand their money back.

I am surprised by the number of claims I now have to wither pursue or threaten.


Of course, most out there are still honest traders, thankfully!!


If I had received what you did, it would have been useless to me.

Lucky you are able to make modifications etc.....


Dal
Thanks Dal. Being a Jack of All Trades has kept me from throwing a lot of things away in my life!
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2009, 11:44 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
robar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: D/FW area Texas
Posts: 7,590
Default

bigdawg wrote:
Quote:
Dal
Thanks Dal. Being a Jack of All Trades has kept me from throwing a lot of things away in my life!
me too!! but there are times to write it off.. i knowthe 75-205 you got from me is a great sleeper lens.

the DIY is half the enjoyment.. i've ordered an oxy/acet welder and from what i've been reading powder coating is fairly easy to DIY.. just need an old stove and a coating rig that you can build at home or buy for<$50..
i've got a couple of projects in my head that will..........................?

roy
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2009, 10:11 AM   #15
Senior Member
 
bigdawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Thach Alabama
Posts: 14,981
Default

robar wrote:
Quote:
bigdawg wrote:
Quote:
Dal
Thanks Dal. Being a Jack of All Trades has kept me from throwing a lot of things away in my life!
me too!! but there are times to write it off.. i knowthe 75-205 you got from me is a great sleeper lens.

the DIY is half the enjoyment.. i've ordered an oxy/acet welder and from what i've been reading powder coating is fairly easy to DIY.. just need an old stove and a coating rig that you can build at home or buy for<$50..
i've got a couple of projects in my head that will..........................?

roy
You can sometimes find powder coating guns and delivery systems used Roy. You might check places like Harbor freight too. I love that lens. After swapping out the outer lens this one is as good as a new one. Thanks for the one I got from you it has now more than paid for itself.

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2009, 12:02 AM   #16
Senior Member
 
robar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: D/FW area Texas
Posts: 7,590
Default

the 75-205 is a great lens that you can pick up for <$25.. i recently sold a MINT LN+!!! copy w/the matched 2x TC.. made a profit and they got my evaluation and my warranty.. i think that's a good deal. i have had to eat a few lenses but that's how it is..

roy
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2009, 4:41 AM   #17
Senior Member
 
bigdawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Thach Alabama
Posts: 14,981
Default

robar wrote:
Quote:
the 75-205 is a great lens that you can pick up for <$25.. i recently sold a MINT LN+!!! copy w/the matched 2x TC.. made a profit and they got my evaluation and my warranty.. i think that's a good deal. i have had to eat a few lenses but that's how it is..

roy
I know what you mean about eating one. I've hit the trash bin with a few myself. Still looking for the matched TC for this one.

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2009, 5:48 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
robar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: D/FW area Texas
Posts: 7,590
Default

good luck. it does show up every now and then by itself..

roy


robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2009, 7:38 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
bigdawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Thach Alabama
Posts: 14,981
Default

robar wrote:
Quote:
good luck. it does show up every now and then by itself..

roy

I may have to buy a lens and TC combo to get one. Got my eye on a 2 touch 75-205 that would work with it as well.

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2009, 5:05 AM   #20
Senior Member
 
robar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: D/FW area Texas
Posts: 7,590
Default

bigdawg wrote:
Quote:
I know what you mean about eating one. I've hit the trash bin with a few myself.
hold on to a few of the losers.. their screws and whatnots may come in handy later on.. i'll keep my eyes open for the 2x for you.. wish i'd known about your interest before i sold it over at the pentax forum..

roy
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:54 AM.