Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Lenses

Old Mar 29, 2009, 8:13 PM   #11

Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG

danielchtong wrote:
Quote:
jelpee wrote:

Pentax does have a couple of TC but so far they are discontinued - the AF 1.7x being the most reputable one indeed as Kjell said. There is one TC on the roadmap about to be released geared for the DA lenses with SDM motor.

Quote:
What lenses you have or about to have? That is important for picking the right TC
Daniel
Daniel,

I'd be looking to use the t/c on the DA*50-135 mm and the DA*300 (when I get one perhaps later this year). The SDM functionality would be great since that is one thing that I like about the DA* lenses on the K20D. What would you recommend?
Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2009, 10:04 PM   #12

TCav wrote:
Quote:
bigdawg wrote
Quote:
Glad to see you are alive and kickin'. LOL When can we see some photos from you?

Dawg
Thanks, but I haven't had many opportunities for a while. I've lived in the Washington DC area long enough to know tostay clear of the city when the cherry blossoms start coming out.
Smart move. Got a daughter that lives in Manassas. Know what you mean.

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2009, 9:21 PM   #13

jelpee wrote:
Quote:
Daniel,

I'd be looking to use the t/c on the DA*50-135 mm and the DA*300 (when I get one perhaps later this year).* The SDM functionality would be great since that is one thing that I like about the DA* lenses on the K20D.* What would you recommend?
Either you wait for the new Pentax rear TC or you have to get one of these. I have compiled these TCs with their results as reported:

Tamron 1.4x Pz-AF MC4 AF works. SDM no re Brad (photo.net)

Tamron-F Pz-AF MC4 1.4x both SDM & AF works for DA*300mm re Dave (photo.net)

Tamron-F Pz-AF MC4 1.4x both SDM & AF works for DA*300mm as per Toshi, moderator of Pentaxforums.com.

Tamron-F Pz-AF MC4 1.4x both SDM & AF works only 10% of the time for DA* 50-135mm but hunts a lot re Miserere

Kenko DG Pz-AF 1.5x TELEPLUS MC no AF no SDM on DA*300mm re Dave (photo.net)

Kenko DG Pz-AF 1.5x TELEPLUS MC AF works on older AF lens re Dave (photo.net)

Kenko Pz-AF 1.5X TELEPLUS MC only AF works; SDM no as per jgredline of Pentaxforums.com

Kenko Pz-AF 1.5x TELEPLUS SHQ both AF & SDM works for DA*200mm and all older AF lens re Daniel

Kenko Pz-AF 1.5x TELEPLUS SHQ both AF & SDM works for DA*300mm re Borno (Tom) of Pentaxforums.com ….SDM hunts a bit with DA*300mm

Hope the above list gives you some help. I am to continue to expand this list when input is provided by other forum members

Daniel
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2009, 8:07 AM   #14

Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG

Daniel,

Thanks very much...this is very helpful! I will print it out and save it. I especially appreciate the reference to the SDM compatibility. I'm encouraged about the Tamron 1.4X's compatibility with the DA*300 which as I mentioned before is on my wish list! Thanks again Daniel!
Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote