Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Lenses

Old Apr 15, 2009, 4:38 AM   #1

Bought this one cheaply on Ebay, listed as faulty (aperture stuck open) ... After receipt, while examining the aperture mechanism, and poking around with a small

screwdriver, it suddenly freed, and has worked fine ever since (sigh of relief ... no oil on the aperture leaves, just a mechanical fault) It needs a little more work ... there's

some dust inside the rear element, and the focus ring is a little stiff and lumpy feeling, needs a re-lube I guess. There are some sample close-up shots, with pleasing

results, posted here ...

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/fo...amp;forum_id=7

For info, lens is M42 screwfit, and will close focus down to about 6", which makes it a natural for close-ups. ... Jack.
Attached Images

jachol is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 15, 2009, 4:40 AM   #2

Another ...
Attached Images

Old Apr 15, 2009, 6:55 AM   #3

A classic Jack and highly regarded too. Should have a pleasing bokeh.

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2009, 8:21 AM   #4

I have a couple of later model Multi Coated Flektogons and the focus action is smooth.

My Carl Zeiss 135mm, bought on ebay too, arrived in faulty condition. I had a look inside and the mechanics are simple but effective.

A clean, lube and careful re-assmbly and it is also very smooth while focusing.

And of course very good optically --- so enjoy
philneast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2009, 8:45 AM   #5

philneast wrote:
Quote:
I have a couple of later model Multi Coated Flektogons and the focus action is smooth.

My Carl Zeiss 135mm, bought on ebay too, arrived in faulty condition. I had a look inside and the mechanics are simple but effective.

A clean, lube and careful re-assmbly and it is also very smooth while focusing.

And of course very good optically --- so enjoy
OK Phil,

I think the more popular one is the f2.4/35, but Ebay prices on that one rocket in the late auction stages, I've seen several go well over £100 ... too stiff for my pocket, but

I'm not disappointed with this one especially at the price. I haven't gone further as yet with the refurb ... I've been looking for dismantle info via google, but nothing has

come to light on this model, so I'll have to wing it. The focus ring does seem to have freed up some, but still not as smooth as it should be, no great rush though ... busy

with other chores at the moment. ... Jack
Old May 18, 2010, 6:57 AM   #6

Well I finally got around to servicing this lens, I have used it some in the meantime, but the lumpy feel of the focus ring was getting worse ... I've dismantled it over the last week, cleaned the glass, and cleaned + relubed the focus mechanism.
It's now much easier to use, and doesn't seem to have suffered any in the process.
Some original shots here ...

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/cl...ng-growth.html

attached are a couple I shot this morning to check all was well. ...Jack

PS.BTW ... This M42 lens lens is modded as per Dawgs recommendation, the adaptor will be semi permanently fitted when I get hold of some loctite, I've also drilled the lens backplate, so the cameras lens locking pin functions as it would with PK lens.
Attached Images