Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Lenses

Old May 15, 2009, 3:53 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by robar View Post
looks great john.
those old tak-300/4 are still great lenses. i use my when i don't want to lug the 33/2.8.....
it's unreal what 1 stop difference makes.
Too right, 1 stop means auto focus or not with the AF adapter, the focal length is a tad on the long side for this applicaiton but the 300/4 is the only wide/long lens I have except for those 500/4 mirror lenses but to use one of those would require wheeling a supermarket trolley around the bushlands in the dark!

Meanwhile progress continues albeit slowly (I do have to go to work every day!) The trigger switch is wired in and I have been experimenting with the mounted laser pointer so far just with a pad of modelling clay. That is enough to learn that the laser as a auto focus aid certainly works but not all the time, the camera is set on spot focus (obviously) and it snaps to focus nicely if the laser spot is on a plain surface such as the side of a house but less certain on a natural surface like a bush. AF with the laser might be quite limited in range too with all tests being about 30'.

More to learn yet!!!
John Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2009, 2:58 AM   #12

More progress, it is a pity I have to go to work each day!

Drilling the gun stock.

Looks OK.

Some more bits...

An adjustable laser, this will go in the gold drilled in the front of the gun stock but there are a few other things to do yet.

P.S. Sorry about the poor picture quality, those are not Pentax pictures!
John Hill is offline   Reply With Quote