Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Lenses

Old May 14, 2009, 1:46 PM   #1

Default Pentax K Mount 28mm F2.8

I was rumaging through some old camera stuff at a thrift shop and there is a K Mount 28mm F2.8 Lense for $35. Just wondering if that is something worth buying for the price and if it will fit my camera? Samsung GX1-L (soon to be replaced by new Pentax)

Thanks for any help.
h7edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 14, 2009, 3:38 PM   #2

Yes, the K mount 28mm f2.8 will work very nicely on either the Samsung GX1-L or a new Pentax. It works the same as any manual K-mount lens - you use M mode, set the aperture on the lens, push the AE-L button (green button on other models like the K10 and K20) to let the camera temporarily stop down the lens and meter, then focus and shoot (or focus first). The 28mm is very well thought of and $35 is a good deal for one in excellent condition. It's more desirable than my 24mm f2.8 because it's closer to being a "normal" lens. Both are very sharp.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2009, 4:45 PM   #3

Thanks mtngal! There was a couple of lenses there but they were all in a case and I didn't have time to get a better look. 1 Lense was a 28mm-105mm but I couldn't see if it was a pentax mount or any other info. That too was $35. I might have to go back and take better looks The 28mm f2.8 was in its box and close to the window thats the only reason i could see spec's but I had hard time remembering if k mount worked with my camera... getting old ya know rofl!
Old May 16, 2009, 9:51 PM   #4

35mm
good price
i find the tamron 28/2,5 to be a little sharper but i'm comparing it too the smc M28/2.8
for 35usd you can't go wrong

Last edited by robar; May 21, 2009 at 5:28 PM.
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2009, 12:58 PM   #5

Just thought I would share with you all.. I went back for the 28mm 2.8 but I took my camera with to see if that 28mm-105mm fit and sure enough it did. So while I was looking at the 28mm-105mm the girl says "half off today for that lense" SOLD!!! Its a Promaster Lense which I have a Promaster 70mm-300mm that I have a love/hate relationship with. I get real bad CA with that lense however I know for $17.50 I will get more use out of the 28-105mm lense. Did some test shots with it and I didn't get any purple fringing with it even with a bright sunny day like today !! woohoo. So I will keep my eye on the 28mm 2.8 and see if that goes onsale and even if it doesn't I'll pick it for $35 later. I'll upload 2 test shots right off the camera.
Attached Images

Old May 20, 2009, 2:54 AM   #6

I have a 28mm I bought new many years ago- it is an M not an A lens - but at thast price it is good value. It is quality Pentax prime and they are usually very good.

It may not last very long so go back and buy it now

Phil
philneast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2009, 11:32 AM   #7

"I have a 28mm I bought new many years ago- it is an M not an A lens - but at thast price it is good value. It is quality Pentax prime and they are usually very good.

Phil "

Yea I am sort of biting my nails wishing I could just go back and pick it up but I am out of work (as with many people) and I really need to watch my spending. Its a Mennonite thrift shop and I noticed on the Sticker that its been there since January so odds are in my favor lol. I found out on the 3rd Friday of every month, everything goes for half price so I will go back then or if I have a little "extra" money I will go back. This is why I love Pentax What other camera brand can you find little jems like this? I can see myself becoming a Junkie lol. Lovin the other lens I got.
Old May 21, 2009, 5:22 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by h7edge View Post
"I have a 28mm I bought new many years ago- it is an M not an A lens - but at thast price it is good value. It is quality Pentax prime and they are usually very good.

Phil "

Yea I am sort of biting my nails wishing I could just go back and pick it up but I am out of work (as with many people) and I really need to watch my spending. Its a Mennonite thrift shop and I noticed on the Sticker that its been there since January so odds are in my favor lol. I found out on the 3rd Friday of every month, everything goes for half price so I will go back then or if I have a little "extra" money I will go back. This is why I love Pentax What other camera brand can you find little jems like this? I can see myself becoming a Junkie lol. Lovin the other lens I got.

what ever you paid for the lens that took the images you posted was well worth it..
ck back here for insights as most lenses have been tried here...
robar is offline   Reply With Quote