Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Lenses

Old May 27, 2009, 7:21 PM   #1

Default Few image with DA* 50-135 at Lake Tahoe

I went to Lake Tahoe last week to shoot a wedding, my first wedding. I bought the Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8 to use at the wedding. The wedding did not go well(lucky it was not my fault) but the lens was great!

Besides using that lens at the wedding I also took it out on the beach. Here are a few shots from the lens.
The colors are all different because I was playing around with the processing.

Higher resolution here
http://saelee.smugmug.com/gallery/78...12116763_CvTQS

Last edited by superakuma; May 27, 2009 at 9:10 PM.
superakuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 27, 2009, 8:49 PM   #2
Super Moderator

It's a pleasure to look at work that is framed and exposed well. Each shot is very good quality although if you could post them a little smaller so that our members working on laptops (I'm on my work laptop tonight so suffering) and lower spec screens can view them that would be great. About 700 pixels for the longest side works well.

I think my fave is the last but I really can't decide as they are all good.

What went wrong with the wedding, did you manage to get any shots of the parts that didn't go wrong?
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2009, 9:21 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark1616 View Post
It's a pleasure to look at work that is framed and exposed well. Each shot is very good quality although if you could post them a little smaller so that our members working on laptops (I'm on my work laptop tonight so suffering) and lower spec screens can view them that would be great. About 700 pixels for the longest side works well.

I think my fave is the last but I really can't decide as they are all good.

What went wrong with the wedding, did you manage to get any shots of the parts that didn't go wrong?
Sorry about the resolution, I forgot that some view the board with there notebook. I made it smaller and gave a link to the full res on my smugmug page

What went wrong with the wedding?
Well it was my sister in law's wedding and she is the ultimate bridzilla. The problem was nothing was organized or planned. She didn't know what she wanted and refused to do anything. I kept asking her what her plan was and what she plan to do, her answers was always "I don't know, why". Lucky it was a small event with only 10 of us. I can go on and on about the things that went wrong but all that matters was I got the shots that I need and she seems happy with the images.
Old May 27, 2009, 10:33 PM   #4

But is she happy with being married? I sometimes wonder why anyone would go to all that trouble to have a formal type of wedding (says someone who's been married twice, both times by a JP). Glad you got the pictures, perhaps she'll look at them in 10 years and think how perfect her wedding was.

The pictures of Tahoe are lovely, and show up how nice the 50-135 can be.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2009, 11:40 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngal View Post
But is she happy with being married? I sometimes wonder why anyone would go to all that trouble to have a formal type of wedding (says someone who's been married twice, both times by a JP). Glad you got the pictures, perhaps she'll look at them in 10 years and think how perfect her wedding was.

The pictures of Tahoe are lovely, and show up how nice the 50-135 can be.
Yes she is happy being married. She cried at the ceremony, first time I saw her cry.

I really like this lens. I never thought that a telephoto lens can be useful in a landscape photo. I've always used my Sigma 18-50mm f/2.8 for landscape. But for that morning, I didn't even bring it out.

thanks for the commons the both of you.
Old May 28, 2009, 3:19 AM   #6

I recently bought a 50-135 and it is the first lens in the camera bag, good for just about everything, portraits,sports interiors(large ones), and of course landscapes.

I often telephotos for landscapes as the narrower angle of view helps isolate and highlight elements. also good for getting closer to things it can be hard to do otherwise, such as the jet ski or the end of the jetty.
philneast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2009, 9:54 AM   #7
Super Moderator

Hmmm, glad I wasn't photographing that wedding but let's hope that her stress at the start isn't a sign for the rest of their lives together.

Oh, I've now added Lake Tahoe to my places I must visit list as it looks amazing!!
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2009, 11:53 AM   #8

Love the third shot. The mountains in the background make the shot stand-out vs. other pier shots.
JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2009, 12:24 PM   #9

Quote:
Hmmm, glad I wasn't photographing that wedding but let's hope that her stress at the start isn't a sign for the rest of their lives together.

Oh, I've now added Lake Tahoe to my places I must visit list as it looks amazing!!
Yes Lake Tahoe is one of those place that you must visit. You must go once in the winter time, spring and summer. My advice is try not to go during the holidays if you want to avoid the crowd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnG View Post
Love the third shot. The mountains in the background make the shot stand-out vs. other pier shots.
I submitted that image to PPG, I hope they accept it.
Old May 28, 2009, 2:42 PM   #10

Quote:

Don't know about Lake Tahoe, but the 50-135 is added to my must haves

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dal1970/

Nikon D7000
Dal1970 is offline   Reply With Quote