Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Lenses

Old Aug 2, 2009, 11:11 AM   #1

Default Vivitar "Kobori made" 28-200mm f/3.5 lens

Serial number 77XXXXX tells you it was made by Kobori for Vivitar. I plan on collecting a series of these Kobori made lenses. The design of the outside is quit different from other Vivitar lenses and seem foreign to the Vivitar line. Do not mistake the Cosina made 28-210 plastic lens for this one. They do not feel the same.
Attached Images

Old Aug 2, 2009, 5:37 PM   #2

Hi Dawg,
It would be interesting to compare this lens with a new type lens of similar FL, was this one a $5.99 plus $15.99 P&H job?
Simon
simowills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2009, 6:01 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by simowills View Post
Hi Dawg,
It would be interesting to compare this lens with a new type lens of similar FL, was this one a $5.99 plus $15.99 P&H job?
Simon
More like 59 dollars plus 10 dollars P&H Simon. These are going for anywhere from 45 dollars to 145 dollars on ebay. The barrel was loose and someone had tried to repair it and nearly ruined it. I sent it off to Peachtree Camera repair and paid 85 dollars for a cleanup lube and repair. I'll post a few photos taken with it soon.
Old Aug 9, 2009, 12:04 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdawg View Post
...The design of the outside is quit different from other Vivitar lenses and seem foreign to the Vivitar line. ...
The high polish black look was originally Vivitar's convention for their Series I lens line. As Vivitar began their financial and market decline the Series I line deteriorated and died. The cosmetic style did occasionally appear in a few lenses that they tried to position as "premium" lenses.
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2009, 9:15 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwig View Post
The high polish black look was originally Vivitar's convention for their Series I lens line. As Vivitar began their financial and market decline the Series I line deteriorated and died. The cosmetic style did occasionally appear in a few lenses that they tried to position as "premium" lenses.
The finish was not the thing that got me...though it is reminiscent of the series 1 lens I have owned, rather it is the bell end of the lens that just looks and feels different to me. Probably a way to get the wide angle end to function without vignetting.
Old Aug 17, 2009, 8:12 PM   #6

looks quite like the the Kiron's style..
robar is offline   Reply With Quote