Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Lenses

Old Sep 7, 2009, 5:03 PM   #11

In theory those great big lenses sound like a great idea. Then when I see shots like yours, Kjell, I decide that there's no way I'd be able to use one of them. If the DA*300, which I believe is a similar size to the F*300 in your picture won't fit in my camera bag, there's no way that the 600 would. So I wouldn't be able to take it very far, or use it without a very sturdy tripod, one that's heavier than the one I have, not to mention the expense of one of these. So even though I'd love to have the awesome quality pictures this lens is capable of, it's just not practical for me. Sigh. Of course, if someone were to offer me one for $1000, I sure wouldn't turn it down!
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2009, 5:28 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilybianca View Post
That one also exists in a "normal" K-mount. I'm quite sure about that, because I've got it.

Kjell
Sweet!! Supposed to be Sharp, Sharp, Sharp!! One up for bids on Ebay right now.
Old Sep 7, 2009, 5:31 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngal View Post
In theory those great big lenses sound like a great idea. Then when I see shots like yours, Kjell, I decide that there's no way I'd be able to use one of them. If the DA*300, which I believe is a similar size to the F*300 in your picture won't fit in my camera bag, there's no way that the 600 would. So I wouldn't be able to take it very far, or use it without a very sturdy tripod, one that's heavier than the one I have, not to mention the expense of one of these. So even though I'd love to have the awesome quality pictures this lens is capable of, it's just not practical for me. Sigh. Of course, if someone were to offer me one for $1000, I sure wouldn't turn it down!
If I were to have to carry it a long ways every time I used it I'd need a helper to tote for me Harriet. The front porch will see more of it than anywhere else. Easy carry to there....about 15 steps or so.
Old Sep 7, 2009, 9:35 PM   #14

Hey Dawg I've got an idea, I'll go halves with you. You can use it during your summer, I'll use it through my summer. Now, it's coming up to my summer so I'll use it first, then I'll send it back to you, yes I will, I promise I will.

Simon
simowills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2009, 8:22 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by simowills View Post
Hey Dawg I've got an idea, I'll go halves with you. You can use it during your summer, I'll use it through my summer. Now, it's coming up to my summer so I'll use it first, then I'll send it back to you, yes I will, I promise I will.

Simon
Okay....You pay the freight and insurance both ways and send your first born as a hostage......
Old Sep 9, 2009, 10:19 PM   #16

I'm thinking about it !

Simon
simowills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2009, 11:51 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by simowills View Post
I'm thinking about it !

Simon
They will be well fed........