Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Lenses

Old Apr 13, 2010, 10:37 AM   #41

I dont see smudging at all here. I am a worry wort about the smallest specs on my lenses. What really worries me is when I hold my camera at a certain angle, the sensor seems to have a darker spot on one side, a blob not uniform. I haven't noticed it show up in any pictures so maybe its nothing. There is also a spec on my sensor that dust removal isnt removing. I am way too afraid to attempt to clean this. I am glad to hear I shouldnt worry so much about lens dust specs.
NMRecording is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2010, 9:32 AM   #42

I've used many different macro lenses in the past. A great budget macro lens is the Vivitar 55mm f/2.8 (same lens as the Panagor 55mm macro). Another great budget macro is the Vivitar/ Panagor 90mm f/2.8 macro. Both lenses focus down to 1:1. These's lenses are not only great for macro work, but are excellent performers at larger focal distances as well. The Kiron 105mm macro is ever slightly better for macro work (as a telelens it's not that great). Even better than the Vivitar or Kiron is the fantastic Tokina AT-X 90mm f/2.5, but it is not likely you'll find one for less then 100 bucks (if you manage to find one at all). Build quality of all the lenses I mentioned is very good. Good luck!
casperdevos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2010, 10:59 AM   #43

There is an alternative that you could try and it is the Vivitar Cosina made 100mm f/3.5 macro. Also badged as a Phoenix, Bauer, Samyang, Soligar and Voightlander and others. Often called the plastic fantastic. Though plastic and relatively inexpensive in comparison to the other Vivitars..(The Kiron 90mm for around 300-400 dollars and the Komine 105 about the same)...This lens can often be found for 50-100 dollars.
Old Oct 27, 2010, 11:02 AM   #44

mind you this thread was back in april.

But if someone has a long zoom of 200mm or better adding a canon 500D close up lens is a super inexpensive option.
Old Oct 28, 2010, 10:50 PM   #45

wow Harriet !!!
two references in 1 thread ?? tanks....
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2010, 10:16 PM   #46

Roy - you sure taught me a bunch about macro. I haven't been doing much macro recently, should get out and do some more soon. It's always fun.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2010, 10:15 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngal View Post
Roy - you sure taught me a bunch about macro. I haven't been doing much macro recently, should get out and do some more soon. It's always fun.
oh yeah,
it was all BS.. i do remember when i told you just take the glass out of the 2xTC and waiting for you to ask ''how the he** do you get it out''
no prob with a small hammer.. i still chuckle over that.
benn feeling good this week, i'll pay later tho..
roy
robar is offline   Reply With Quote