Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Lenses

Old Apr 20, 2010, 4:37 PM   #1

Default carl zeiss 200mm 2.8

I just picked this up on ebay with 16 other lenses. the ending price I got it for was a steal, I calculated up the low balling prices for the lenses and estimated 1600.00 if sold them all seperately. I saw some people selling the carl zeiss 200mm for 1300.00 alone. The lowest Ive seen was 599. I think this is a geat steal. Some of the other 2.8s in the lot also were priced at 400. I intend to keep some of these lenses and selling the rest could yield quite a profit :-) Whats your thoughts on the carl zeiss 200 2.8?

Last edited by NMRecording; Apr 21, 2010 at 4:42 PM.
NMRecording is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 20, 2010, 4:48 PM   #2

CARL ZEISS JENA DDR 4656 SONNAR ELECTRIC 2.8/200 MC LENS W/ BOTH CAPS
- TAMRON AUTO ZOOM 1:4 70-220MM NO. 683753 LENS W/ REAR CAP
- TELESAR AUTO ZOOM 1:3.8 85-205MM LENS SER. NO. 501057 W/ FRONT CAP
- SEARS MULTI COATED 1:2.8 135MM LENS W/ CAPS SER. NO. 860504902
- SOLIGOR AUTO-ZOOM 1:4.5 75MM-260MM W/ CAPS SER. NO. 17632557
- VIVITAR 135MM 1:2.8 MC TELEPHOTO LENS W/ REAR CAP
- HOYA HMC ZOOM&MACRO 70-210MM 1:3.8 LENS SER. NO. 610418 W/ HOYA METAL HOOD
- REXATAR AUTO MC 1:4 300MM SER. NO. 754786 W/ REAR CAP & KALT ND 4X 77MM FILTER
- TELE-LENTAR 1:3.5 200MM AUTO SER. NO. H673996 W/ FRONT CAP
- LENTAR TELE-ZOOM 1:4.5 90-230MM LENS W/ FRONT CAP & CASE W/ STRAP
- VIVITAR AUTO TELE-ZOOM 85MM-205MM 1:3.8 LENS W/ BOTH CAPS & VIVITAR 62MM SKYLIGHT (1A) FILTER
- ASAHI TAKUMAR 1:3.5/200 W/ ASAHI PENTAX 67MM SKYLIGHT FILTER, METAL MOUNT, CASE & BOTH CAPS
- SOLIGOR TELE-AUTO 1:5.5 300MM LENS W/ REAR CAP & CASE
- OWEN AUTOMATIC 1:3.9 75-150MM LENS W/ CAPS & BOX
- METAL SCREW ON HOOD
- SPIRATONE DUPLISCOPE NO. 6963 W/ CAP

this was the entire package I got.. I think I can make a good penny flipping this and getting a nice DA* lens. But I may want to try the Carl Zeiss.
Old Apr 20, 2010, 4:55 PM   #3
Super Moderator

Hi NMRecording, we don't allow buying or selling in the forums at Steve's and that might not have been your intention, but the layout of the post certainly looked that way so it has been removed. If this wasn't your intention and it was just then I'm sorry it had to be removed but I'm sure you understand.

Have fun everyone!

See what I'm up to visit my Plymouth Wedding Photography
site or go to my blog.
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2010, 5:00 PM   #4

oh i wasnt looking to advertize selling at all. I was asking for recomendations on any of those lenses to use and keep. I plan on keeping most the lenses and wanted to know which ones are worth taking a look at. Is it okay if i repost the list of lenses to get some insight?

Thanks Mark. The Carl Zeiss 200m 2.8 and the vivitar 2.8 135 intrigued me , the soligar 75-260 4.5 seemed interesting as well

Last edited by NMRecording; Apr 20, 2010 at 5:06 PM.
Old Apr 20, 2010, 5:04 PM   #5
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMRecording View Post
oh i wasnt looking to advertize selling at all. I was asking for reccomendations on any of those users for people. I plan on keeping most the lenses and wanted to know which ones are worth taking a look at. Is it okay if i repost the list of mics to get some insight?
I've restored if for you and think you have been recording too long as they are lenses not mics Well I did see any SM58s etc in there.

I would edit it to make it look like you are planning to keep some though as currently it does still look like all bar one you wanted to flip.

Have fun everyone!

See what I'm up to visit my Plymouth Wedding Photography
site or go to my blog.
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2010, 5:08 PM   #6

Nice catch on the mic, Mark. I have been working on a film running sound and photography for the past month and was doing a shooting today so my mind is a bit boggled on the lens talk. Thanks for allowing to repost. Any insight on any of these lenses would be appreciated.

The Carl Zeiss looks like it could be a nice fast lens for wild life.
Old Apr 20, 2010, 11:37 PM   #7

To me it sounds like you can open a lens museum and make the profit from entrance fees! I've never seen or even heard of brands such as Telesar or Rexatar.
Seriously, that's quite a lot! I'm just in the process of selling a lot like you are intending, selling the items one by one. So far (still have a few items to sell) my profit is around 300%!
Can you post a picture of your find before it disperse? And some close-ups of the Carl Zeiss, please!

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2010, 4:40 PM   #8

I sure will post some pics of the lens and the pics it takes after reading reviews it looks like the carl zeiss 200m is a keeper. I still cant believe the price I paid for this lot of lenses! Altogether less than half of what the carl zeiss 2.8 is going for alone. The vivitar 135mm 2.8 looks promising as well but already have a 135mm 2.8, might have to A/B them and keep the better one.

The Rexatar 300mm f4 is another i am curious about with the IQ

Having hard time finding some info on many of these lenses
Old Apr 24, 2010, 1:05 PM   #9

The Soligor 75-260 can do well (They were made by Tokina) but get and use a good tripod for the best results...the Soligor 300 5.5 is a very good lens (Also made by Tokina) same with the tripod. The pentax 200 3.5 (Asahi Optical) and the vivitar 135mm (Probably made by Kiron)should be quite sharp. Mine do a very good job. The Zeiss lens is much sought after and will sell easily. For better info on the manual focus lens you have try here.......http://www.mflenses.com/ I am a member there and the folks are heavily into all brands of old manual focus lens.

All in all I think you did very very well. My advise is to try them and see if you might like to keep some of them. I have over 60 lens right now and counting and collecting and using old lens is a very satisfying hobby in itself.

Oh yeah...don't discount that Sears 135mm either...I had one that was very sharp.

Last edited by bigdawg; Apr 24, 2010 at 1:10 PM.
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2010, 2:16 PM   #10

Excellent info Bigdawg. You always come to the rescue with my lens/mount questions! I guess having 60 some lenses can help in that area. Seems like the more I research, the more of these lenses I brush into the keep pile. :-) I haven't tried the sears 2.8 but i've got one from Kmart (I believe) A Focal 2.8 135mm and it does quite well already. Thanks again!