Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Lenses

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 26, 2011, 8:18 AM   #41
Senior Member
 
Frogfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Shanghai, China
Posts: 2,774
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John.Pattullo View Post
LOL ... ROFLMAO

that has to be the worst case of LBA ever recorded =)

great collection though!!
There's a guy on PF that has more than 250 x 50mm alone ! (not Rio Rico - he has a 'mere' 50+).

That's real eye-candy BD ! Some gorgeous lenses in there. I'm going to have a tug-of-war with Thnk re. Viv 85/1.4

I was looking at that Vivitar S1 macro before switching my attention to the Voigtlander 125 - luckily I haven't found it yet !!
__________________
http://frogfish.smugmug.com
Pentax : 15 Ltd, 77 Ltd, 43/1.9 Ltd, Cosina 55/1.2, DA*300/4, Contax Zeiss Distagon 28/2.8, Raynox 150/250, AFA x1.7, Metz 50 af1.

Nikon : D800, D600, Sigma 500/4.5, Sigma 120-300/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 - 21/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 - 35/2.0, Nikkor 85/1.8G, Sigma 50/1.4. Nikon x1.4 TC, Sigma x2.0 TC
Frogfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2011, 10:15 AM   #42
Senior Member
 
bigdawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Thach Alabama
Posts: 14,981
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogfish View Post
There's a guy on PF that has more than 250 x 50mm alone ! (not Rio Rico - he has a 'mere' 50+).

That's real eye-candy BD ! Some gorgeous lenses in there. I'm going to have a tug-of-war with Thnk re. Viv 85/1.4

I was looking at that Vivitar S1 macro before switching my attention to the Voigtlander 125 - luckily I haven't found it yet !!
The 85 f/1.4 is one of my favorites and for the money is in that focal length ..the most bang for the buck.

Rio Rico is a nut as far as collecting goes....Waaay over board...Great guy but a nut!! LOL

I sold the Viv Macro and now use a CZJ Pancolar with a reversing ring for macros.
__________________
Big Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2011, 9:07 PM   #43
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 166
Default

Wow bigdawg, The first thread I visited after many months, and I nearly faint

hahaha...I have only 3 lenses on my collection, But one Im proud of most is the DA 55-300mm. Next one is the one that you sent
Chesslanka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2011, 8:00 AM   #44
Senior Member
 
Wizzard0003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Aberdeen, WA USA
Posts: 1,085
Default

Thanks ever so much for showing (some of) your collection, Big Dawg, and also for
all the invaluable info you've shared in all your posts... Because of you I learned
that my old Auto Vivitar 200mm f/3.5 tripod collar version (from my Minolta 35mm
days) was a T4 mount and that it could be changed to work on other cameras...

I've found a 300mm f/5.5 (T4) with a Nikon mount (for cheap) that I plan to buy
soon which will give me the mount I need and I've also got a line on a 400mm
f/5.6 (T4 or TX not sure yet) that I may aquire as well...

These T4/TX mount lenses are great, who knows what I may find in the future...?!

Thanks so much (again) for sharing your knowledge...!
__________________
William

D7k with old/new glass and a few other things...

Last edited by Wizzard0003; Aug 7, 2011 at 8:11 AM.
Wizzard0003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2011, 12:49 PM   #45
Senior Member
 
bigdawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Thach Alabama
Posts: 14,981
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chesslanka View Post
Wow bigdawg, The first thread I visited after many months, and I nearly faint

hahaha...I have only 3 lenses on my collection, But one Im proud of most is the DA 55-300mm. Next one is the one that you sent
Sorry to startle you but always remember...It's not how many you have but what you do with the ones you have.
__________________
Big Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2011, 12:52 PM   #46
Senior Member
 
bigdawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Thach Alabama
Posts: 14,981
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzard0003 View Post
Thanks ever so much for showing (some of) your collection, Big Dawg, and also for
all the invaluable info you've shared in all your posts... Because of you I learned
that my old Auto Vivitar 200mm f/3.5 tripod collar version (from my Minolta 35mm
days) was a T4 mount and that it could be changed to work on other cameras...

I've found a 300mm f/5.5 (T4) with a Nikon mount (for cheap) that I plan to buy
soon which will give me the mount I need and I've also got a line on a 400mm
f/5.6 (T4 or TX not sure yet) that I may aquire as well...

These T4/TX mount lenses are great, who knows what I may find in the future...?!

Thanks so much (again) for sharing your knowledge...!
You are very welcome. I always liked the T4 and TX mount lenses and when I first started collecting they were inexpensive as well. I have moved on now to Carl Zeiss lenses and have sold off most of my Vivitars to pay for the CZJ's. Have fun with your's...I know you will.
__________________
Big Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2011, 4:45 PM   #47
Senior Member
 
dan279's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 1,896
Default

And I thought I'd see a kodak 6490 settin next to all them Poor Mrs Dawg, I feel sorry for her
Dan
dan279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2011, 6:44 PM   #48
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Decatur, GA
Posts: 2,053
Default

I bet you must have 100 memory cards as well Thanks for sharing the lens collection very impressive.

dave
Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2011, 8:29 PM   #49
Senior Member
 
bigdawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Thach Alabama
Posts: 14,981
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan279 View Post
And I thought I'd see a kodak 6490 settin next to all them Poor Mrs Dawg, I feel sorry for her
Dan
Just gave the DX6490 to my Granddaughter so she can take photos of my Great Grandchildren for me.
__________________
Big Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2011, 8:30 PM   #50
Senior Member
 
bigdawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Thach Alabama
Posts: 14,981
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photo 5 View Post
I bet you must have 100 memory cards as well Thanks for sharing the lens collection very impressive.

dave
4 memory cards do it for me at this time...When I can find them all. LOL
__________________
Big Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 3:52 PM.