Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Lenses

Old Jan 1, 2011, 9:10 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackloon View Post
Great photo and thanks for the reply. I am leaning towards getting the Metz 48 in addition to the da 2.4 35mm and possibly the f 50mm 1.7.

The more I read, review, search, the more I want. It is a sickness. I now want a new p&s too.
You're right there !, the dreaded LBA is an affliction, and I've had my share of it too. Secret is to learn just what you want to keep, and sell on the rest, always assuming you can bear parting with any of your treasures , it can be a hard decision. LOL ... Jack
jachol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2011, 2:37 PM   #32

Just wanted to add my two cent here as well as I am in the same situation, I bought the rokina 50mm f/2 and I love that lens!! cheap on ebay (beware of the ricoh pin which exists on certain versions) and it is almost perfect for shooting the kids indoor....however, it is manual focus and aperture, which is quite easy to learn...just have to practice...alot!!

that being said, in my case 50mm is a bit too long for indoors...I have found that I shoot mostly around 20-30 when indoor so I am leaning towards:
Sigma EX 30/1,4 DC which costs around 400€ and has gotten quite nice reviews...

and after reading this thread, maybe I should get a real flash....it just feels ....weird and artifical....but thats me
and Scott are right, I have found that using iso 3200 is no problem with the KX (and then some sharpening/noisereduction) and you get great pics....I am experimenting with 6400 but it is hard saving them,..perhaps it will print ok in smaller sizes...will try that..

EDIT: Well, after reading this my mind started thinking,....so I just bought a flash...one that is quite cheap but has gotten quite good review here in sweden at least...so it costed me around 100€...worst case, I sell it
SMC Takumar 50mm/f1.4 (manual)
"unknown" 35mm/f1.8 (manual)

Last edited by CyberTron; Jan 5, 2011 at 4:25 AM.
CyberTron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2011, 4:46 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberTron View Post
Just wanted to add my two cent here as well as I am in the same situation, I bought the rokina 50mm f/2 and I love that lens!! cheap on ebay (beware of the ricoh pin which exists on certain versions) and it is almost perfect for shooting the kids indoor....however, it is manual focus and aperture, which is quite easy to learn...just have to practice...alot!!

I was introduced to photography in the days when all was done manually, and with the cost of film you learned these skills quickly. Camera clubs and photographic magazines were your source of info in those days. There were no internet forums to seek information from. LOL. I can live with AF it's a great convenience, but even now I mainly use AV (Aperture priority) in preference to the cameras auto modes, and since I like macro work MF is preferred for that too. ... Jack

He .. heh !, I just noticed ... I've passed a 1000 posts.

Last edited by jachol; Jan 5, 2011 at 4:48 AM.
jachol is offline   Reply With Quote