Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Lenses

Old Mar 28, 2011, 8:40 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoturtle View Post
70-200 2.8
Yes for sure....to at least make Pentax competitive with Canon/Nikon particularly in indoor events.
lesmore49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2011, 8:44 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngal View Post
Another lens I'd really like would be a wide angle tilt/sift lens at a reasonable price. I think it would be fun to play with being able to correct perspective without using photoshop's skew tool.

A 70-200 f2.8 isn't of interest to me - it's too long at 70 for my shooting style, I find the 50-135 more useful.
I'm pretty sure Pentax had a wide angle/tilt lens. Not sure if the price was reasonable, although with those features that might be difficult.

If I recall correctly (it was a long time ago, so my memory maybe fading)...it was highly regarded, especially for architectural photography.

I wonder if all Pentax needs to do is dust off the old blueprints, modernize a bit and bring it out. Won't be a runaway best seller, but having a full range of lenses is important at this level.

Kind of like Pentax used to have.
Old Mar 28, 2011, 8:46 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biro View Post
I won't argue with any of the suggestions so far. But how about a 135-400mm zoom to go with the new 18-135? WR and DC motor for zooming just like the existing lens... f/3.5-5.6 would be just fine, as long as it was sharp with good color and contrast.
That would be a great lens also. I recently checked out the Sigma...120-400 (??) and I liked it...would of liked it better if it had a Pentax emblem on it.
Old Mar 28, 2011, 8:48 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoturtle View Post
something like a 85 1.8 or 1.4 and a 30 or 28 1.8 or 1.4 would be nice also that is less then 500 dollars.
They had them , just like the wide angle/tilt...and I believe they were highly regarded. Yes I agree very much so...an 85 mm F 1.8 or so, would be an excellent lens.

I don't know how close the 77 mm lens comes to covering many of those bases. I've never had one, although I wouldn't mind one.

Les