Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Lenses

Old Aug 1, 2012, 9:45 PM   #1

Default Tamron 28-75mm Samples

4 samples from my new Tamron 28-75mm......

2 of the photos are of couple that are getting married next April and asked me to take some engagement photos for them...... these are two of there favorites of the batch I took for them.

The other 2 are from a little firefighters day that the local volunteer fire company had that I tiok. Both of these photos made the local newspaper.

dave
Attached Images

Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 1, 2012, 9:51 PM   #2

I like the results here, good lens.

http://500px.com/JonErdmann
Jon_E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2012, 11:56 AM   #3

Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG

All the images images look quite soft to me...not sure if it is the lens or the camera. Also the first two look a bit hazy.
Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2012, 1:13 PM   #4

Congrats on your new lens. They look soft to me also. If you are shooting in P mode, you might be getting too slow of a shutter speed for the stabilization to compensate. Try shutter priority and see what happens. I've looked at this lens over the years for my work, but the bad copy sent it back posts have always kept me away.
pboerger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2012, 9:26 PM   #5

What is very strange is that yes the images look soft on here but then again I resized them in order to be able to post them. They look way sharper straight from the original file on PC monitor vs what shows up here. Yes the first portrait shot is a little hazy I over exposed it, but with that said the couple loved it in terms of what I captured.......
Old Aug 5, 2012, 9:28 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by pboerger View Post
Congrats on your new lens. They look soft to me also. If you are shooting in P mode, you might be getting too slow of a shutter speed for the stabilization to compensate. Try shutter priority and see what happens. I've looked at this lens over the years for my work, but the bad copy sent it back posts have always kept me away.
Ok I will play around the Shutter P mode and see what happens. I shot most of the portrait images in manual mode so I could control the ISO and f/stop........... I'll try kicking up the shutter speed and see what happens.

dave
Old Aug 7, 2012, 5:13 PM   #7

Dave -

Looks like some very nice results with your new lens. Glad the engaged couple were happy with their photos!

These do look a bit soft, perhaps it is shutter speed, perhaps resizing. Can't read your exif data (must have been stripped in the resizing process), but wonder what settings were used...

Best way I've found to resize images is with Irfanview - it's free, runs native on windows, can run on Mac & Linux using WINE. It does a great job of resizing/resampling without losing detail. Also, be sure your (resized) files are small enough for the forum limitations. Otherwise, the forum's built-in software will resize them again, and they usually come out very soft and hazy that way.
mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2012, 5:45 PM   #8

Focus looks out to me
Koolpc is offline   Reply With Quote