Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Lenses

Old Sep 19, 2012, 11:20 PM   #1

Default AFA and adapted lenses

Does anyone know if the AFA will work with a non Pentax lens and adapter? I tried a T-mount on it and it did nothing but would an M42 to K work? Thanks.

John
jelow1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 20, 2012, 8:18 AM   #2

As far as I know as long as it is a K mount it should. In fact, Ive been hunting for one for my tamron 300 as was recommended to me for a 510mm 4.7 I believe, with semi AF.

I don't have it so I cant help you much but I have heard of people using it with sigma/tamron/adaptall zoom and prime lenses.

Maybe not much help but thats all I know.

P.s. you don't happen to have an extra 1 of these floating around do you?
NMRecording is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2012, 12:12 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMRecording View Post
As far as I know as long as it is a K mount it should. In fact, Ive been hunting for one for my tamron 300 as was recommended to me for a 510mm 4.7 I believe, with semi AF.

I don't have it so I cant help you much but I have heard of people using it with sigma/tamron/adaptall zoom and prime lenses.

Maybe not much help but thats all I know.

P.s. you don't happen to have an extra 1 of these floating around do you?
Yes, it works well with adaptall. My main lens combo right now is an SP 80-200/2.8 and the AFA. Needs to be stopped down to a f8 or f9 equivalent but is very sharp. The AFA with your 300 is an excellent combo, snostorm uses it much.

As for having an extra, i wish I got mine early this year after watching ebay for months. Finally found one with a buy it now price I thought reasonable.

John
Old Oct 12, 2012, 8:39 AM   #4

I just picked one of these up and super excited to use witht he 300 2.8 sp and 200 2.8 cz. Only cost the price of lens + flowers

I got off easy.
NMRecording is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2012, 4:16 AM   #5

Hi,

I have in the past used the AFA with a Tamron 135/2.8 + the PK adapter, for standoff macro/close up shots of stinging insects etc.

The Tamron CT-135 is a fully manual lens, and I found the combination worked well, I did have to correct the exposure ... adding + 0.7 EV did the trick in my case.

Shots I've made are mislaid at the moment, stashed away somewhere on a CD, my records could do with a major overhaul, one of those to do jobs that never seems to make it. LOL I'll keep searching, and post some if found. ... Jack.

http://translate.google.com/translat...lens/ct135.htm

Last edited by jachol; Oct 17, 2012 at 4:20 AM. Reason: add info
jachol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2013, 7:34 PM   #6

I used the AFA 1.7 with a Tamron 400mm f4 and got decent results. I highly recommend it with both the Tamron 300 f2.8 and the 400mmf4 adapt all lenses. It is an inexpensive way to get both long range and auto focus.
Gary2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2013, 11:33 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary2010 View Post
I used the AFA 1.7 with a Tamron 400mm f4 and got decent results. I highly recommend it with both the Tamron 300 f2.8 and the 400mmf4 adapt all lenses. It is an inexpensive way to get both long range and auto focus.
Would love to have a Tamron 400/4 but have only seen one for sale. Even the 300/2.8 seem to be getting scarce now. I love the combo of my AFA with my 80-200/2.8 and it actually works well with the 200-500/5.6 on MF.

John