Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Lenses

Old Nov 7, 2013, 2:46 PM   #1

Default HD Lenses

Any thoughts on the new HD lenses? The only review (video) I have seen online is the 55-300. Didn't appear to be that big a deal to me.
DMJJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 26, 2013, 4:42 PM   #2

So no one has bought one yet? Not a good sign
Old Nov 26, 2013, 11:51 PM   #3

I think most of us here are happy with their lenses. I still have a hole I want to fill, and a second lens I want but don't need. The hole is a weather sealed wide angle, and perhaps getting my 50-135 fixed. I kept trying to talk myself into the 16-50 but haven't gotten beyond the fact that I tried 2 copies a few years ago before giving up on it. I've tried to. Talk myself into the 18-135 but it's not a lens that excites me much. So now I'm really interested in the 20-40 ltd, which has the HD glass. Perhaps after Christmas I'll get it and will be able to take some comparison shots with it and the 31 ltd. Then I'll have more to report.

I'm glad they have improved the coatings, but I'm not unhappy with what I have, at least not enough to replace what I have. Now if I were starting from scratch, I'm sure I would buy the new lenses.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2013, 11:52 PM   #4

Thanks-by the way-I see you have the K-3. Haven't seen one in person-but looks really big & heavy on the video reviews-your opinion please.