Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Lenses

Old Feb 23, 2014, 12:30 PM   #31

Well Tamron arrived Friday while at work. Will be testing it out this week when I am off work. The few test images I did around here (very limited) show it to be much quicker to focus. Go-figure after all the advise and price point. Will report back later in the week. So far has not had to hunt or recycle to find focus. Then again I only too 30 shots. The Simga in the first 30 shot recycled 2 times, but a real world outing with 300 photos will tell a better story
Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2014, 8:45 PM   #32

Good luck with it.
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2014, 8:41 AM   #33

Good luck with the new lens. As a duly ordained Pastafarian minister I could bless it for you.
Old Boat Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2014, 9:32 AM   #34

The Tamron is working much better than the Sigma. I did some testing with it over the last 2 weeks without any major issues (a few times it hunted for focus but not as much as the Sigma). I will be shooting my brothers kids soccer game this morning with it. Hpefully within a couple of days (gong to work after the game) I will be able to put up a sample image or two.
Old Mar 9, 2014, 12:33 AM   #35

Sample taken with he Pentax K-3 and Tamron 70-200. I used it to photograph a soccer game Saturday and shot 900 images and saved 368 of them (almost 750 of them very excellent in focus etc but lack action or the ball or something didn't look right so I got rid of them and just saved the best of). Note imagr heavily compressed and resized to fit here. It looks even better unaltered.

Great lens on the K-3 -- camera in Shutter P mode, AF-C, high speed burst, keeping shutter speed above 1/800 the entire game (varied shutter and aperture settings).

Dave
Attached Images

Old Mar 9, 2014, 6:15 PM   #36

Great you like the new lens. Seems the faster the action the more detail oriented we must be to our settings.

Looks good. Steve
Old Boat Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2014, 10:21 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Boat Guy View Post
Great you like the new lens. Seems the faster the action the more detail oriented we must be to our settings.

Looks good. Steve
The Tamoran is much beter than the Sigma hands down on my Pentax K-3