Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Lenses

Old Dec 4, 2014, 9:47 AM   #1

Default 3 tiny lenses

3 pretty silver "horns" for my white unicorn camera.

Two of them arrived Tuesday. The first thing I noticed about them is the usual response to a limited lens - they are so small and light. I love the silver and all 3 get along very well with the K-S1 camera. I'm going to have a lot of fun with the 15, I can see why some really love that lens. Guess I've had just enough experience with wide angles to see the creative possibilities with it - it's not my natural thought-process, I'm normally a macro/telephoto type of person.

The 100WR comes today. I've wanted it for years but couldn't justify it in my mind. I won't know until it gets here whether I can use it for longer than the Viv, I hope so since I can only take a couple of pictures with the Viv before I start having problems.

I think I'll stick to shooting at 100mm and wider for now, leaving everything long and/or heavy at home. Now if they could come out with a 300mm lens with the quality of the DA* but as light as the 31, I'd have everything I would want.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 4, 2014, 9:04 PM   #2

What a nice set of three lenses! It would be great to see how they look on the K-S1. One at a time, of course.

I have the DA 40mm XS lens and considered the 21mm, but instead bought a used 16-45 f4 that I expect to be delivered tomorrow. That decision led to putting the savings into a couple of other lenses. What fun!
MacBook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2014, 9:30 PM   #3

Three pieces of silver. Lovely. Alas, I have the black versions. Not that I'm complaining.
Biro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2014, 12:19 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBook View Post
What a nice set of three lenses! It would be great to see how they look on the K-S1. One at a time, of course.

I have the DA 40mm XS lens and considered the 21mm, but instead bought a used 16-45 f4 that I expect to be delivered tomorrow. That decision led to putting the savings into a couple of other lenses. What fun!
I'll work on taking pictures of the K-S1 and the three beauties this weekend. Tomorrow I'll play some with the 100WR, what a wonderful addition. It's light and seemed a good match with the S1.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2014, 8:32 PM   #5

Looks like some mighty fine glass will be on your new camera soon. Hope they work out very well for you, and that you'll post some of the wonderful photographic results!
mole is offline   Reply With Quote