Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Q

Old Jul 4, 2013, 3:02 AM   #1

Default July 4 Another Q Firmware update v 1.13

Hi All,

Another FW update for the Q body -- it allows use of the 07 body cap lens and the usual improved general stability. . .

I upgraded just to see if there might be any hidden upgrades, but I haven't noticed anything yet -- will have to use it more to see if there might be other benefits.

Unfortunately, they haven't addressed the complete reset of all custom settings, but I'm getting used to going through the menu and setting everything from scratch. . . they really should do something about this, especially with new FW coming so often because it's needed whenever they add a lens to the lineup.

Scott

Here's the link :

http://www.pentax.jp/english/support/digital/q_s.html

Last edited by snostorm; Jul 4, 2013 at 3:03 AM. Reason: added link
snostorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 4, 2013, 8:16 AM   #2

Thanks, Scott! While I don't have any intention of buying a body cap when it comes out, I'm intrigued by it and may end up getting one at some point. I'd like to get the 03 lens first.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2013, 9:42 AM   #3

Thanks for the heads up! I think I'll wait until I'm back from vacation until I do the update.

tacticdesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2013, 11:58 AM   #4

I just did the update and played around for a while. I don't notice any changes (I didn't think I would) from 1.12. The only thing I'm glad about is that by resetting everything (including the file number), it got me to make some changes to my settings that I hadn't bothered with before, but ones I had been meaning to. So it had some unrelated benefit for me.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote