Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Q

Old Jul 16, 2013, 4:01 AM   #1

Default Scream

it's the Beatles
Attached Images

My Flickr Photos

Pentax K-5 K20D K100D
Pentax DA 55-300mm 4-5.8 ED / Pentax M 200mm F4 / Pentax Tak K 135mm 2.5 / Pentax M 100mm F4 Macro / Tamron SP AF90mm 2.8 Di Macro / Pentax M 1.7 50mm / Pentax M 2.8 28mm

Last edited by Rodney9; Jul 16, 2013 at 4:04 AM.
Rodney9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 16, 2013, 4:02 AM   #2

Well the Beatlegs tribute band anyway, they sounded great.
Attached Images

My Flickr Photos

Pentax K-5 K20D K100D
Pentax DA 55-300mm 4-5.8 ED / Pentax M 200mm F4 / Pentax Tak K 135mm 2.5 / Pentax M 100mm F4 Macro / Tamron SP AF90mm 2.8 Di Macro / Pentax M 1.7 50mm / Pentax M 2.8 28mm
Old Jul 16, 2013, 5:52 PM   #3

G'day mate

Yep - I remember seeing that mob on stage too
Looks like the age group of the audience is the same as me also

Phil
Ozzie_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2013, 5:00 AM   #4

'saw the pictures and Beatles songs started to run through my head!

The B&W shots really look vintage!

tacticdesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2013, 3:11 PM   #5

Love the pictures - do they sound like the real thing? They do resemble them, don't they? And yes, I also remember seeing them in Los Angeles, both at the Hollywood Bowl (great concert!) and at Dodger's Stadium (too big, lousy seats, would have had a better time listening to an album).

The funny thing is that a couple of years ago my sister wanted to take her daughters to a "real" rock and roll concert one day (an impulsive thing when we were in Vegas one time). She looked at the paper to see if there were anyone interesting in town (and if there were any seats available). She chose a singer, bought tickets that were on the side of the theater/arena that happened to be still available, and off we went. Her daughters were expecting to be bored stiff listening to music they didn't know and couldn't relate to, though they did have a vague idea who Paul McCartney was. They ended up having a good time and (of course) knew many of his songs. He's a guy who can still put on a good show, after all these years.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2013, 4:37 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngal View Post
Love the pictures - do they sound like the real thing? They do resemble them, don't they? And yes, I also remember seeing them in Los Angeles, both at the Hollywood Bowl (great concert!) and at Dodger's Stadium (too big, lousy seats, would have had a better time listening to an album).

The funny thing is that a couple of years ago my sister wanted to take her daughters to a "real" rock and roll concert one day (an impulsive thing when we were in Vegas one time). She looked at the paper to see if there were anyone interesting in town (and if there were any seats available). She chose a singer, bought tickets that were on the side of the theater/arena that happened to be still available, and off we went. Her daughters were expecting to be bored stiff listening to music they didn't know and couldn't relate to, though they did have a vague idea who Paul McCartney was. They ended up having a good time and (of course) knew many of his songs. He's a guy who can still put on a good show, after all these years.
They weren't perfect by any means, but they were ok, they could play, they know all the songs and they were having fun, what more do you need, I certainly enjoyed them. I saw Paul back in about '91 at Sydney's Parramatta stadium, a small football venue, he was fantastic, although I've always been a huge fan.

Thank you everyone for all the kind comments.

My Flickr Photos

Pentax K-5 K20D K100D