Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Q

Old Jul 20, 2013, 5:20 AM   #1

Default iMac

My iMac w/ Mountain Lion
Attached Images

My Flickr Photos

Pentax K-5 K20D K100D
Pentax DA 55-300mm 4-5.8 ED / Pentax M 200mm F4 / Pentax Tak K 135mm 2.5 / Pentax M 100mm F4 Macro / Tamron SP AF90mm 2.8 Di Macro / Pentax M 1.7 50mm / Pentax M 2.8 28mm
Rodney9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 20, 2013, 7:52 AM   #2

Congrats on the Mac!

Creative use of back lighting! I love it!
tacticdesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2013, 3:00 PM   #3

I agree! Love the backlighting to bring out the form of the computer. What do you think of Lion? There's a couple of features on my Air (running Lion) that I really like. Unfortunately, there's one program I use all the time that only runs with Rosetta, so as long as I don't have a replacement, I won't upgrade my main computer (running Snow Leopard).
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2013, 3:25 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngal View Post
I agree! Love the backlighting to bring out the form of the computer. What do you think of Lion? There's a couple of features on my Air (running Lion) that I really like. Unfortunately, there's one program I use all the time that only runs with Rosetta, so as long as I don't have a replacement, I won't upgrade my main computer (running Snow Leopard).
Thank you, it's my first mac in a long while, so I'm relearning and finding it all new, so far I love Mountain Lion and I'm looking forward to Mavericks after watching the key note.

I'm amazed at the level of service with Apple, true you pay for it, but I was blown away when I used Applecare on the weekend. I had a program saying it couldn't run 'because it was in the trash' so I got on the net, couldn't find an answer so I thought I'd try Applecare, I went to the their website, filled out a few details, chose 'call now', I hadn't lifted my mouse from the screen button and the phone rang and Fleming from Apple walked me through the problem and fixed it easily.

I'm also paying for OnetoOne training, I've had two 1 hour personal lessons on Aperture so far, I've learnt all about adjustment and organization. I shall also attend a group meeting on Mac itself to bring me up to speed and I'll book a OntoOne on Pages as well, I'm using pages for brochure design and would like to know all its tricks. For $120 for unlimited lessons on all things Mac for one year, I think is excellent value.

I'm starting to sound like a Apple fan boy .

Rodney

My Flickr Photos

Pentax K-5 K20D K100D
Pentax DA 55-300mm 4-5.8 ED / Pentax M 200mm F4 / Pentax Tak K 135mm 2.5 / Pentax M 100mm F4 Macro / Tamron SP AF90mm 2.8 Di Macro / Pentax M 1.7 50mm / Pentax M 2.8 28mm

Last edited by Rodney9; Jul 23, 2013 at 1:40 AM.
Rodney9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2013, 6:45 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodney9 View Post
I'm starting to sound like a Apple fan boy .
Nothing wrong with that.

I love iMovie. Just a few tricks here and there, but other than that super simple to put together a great presentation of photos!

tacticdesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2013, 2:11 PM   #6

You make me envious - I bought a Macbook Air from the student store because of the academic discount (and on a whim). Now I wish I had bought from an Apple Store so I could get (for extra) the training.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote