Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Q

Old Sep 2, 2013, 9:20 PM   #1

Default Some More Trip Pictures

Some miscellaneous pictures from my recent trip up north. I've already posted several elsewhere (the ones taken from the plane, the fox/wildlife and the dogs).

Some things never change - classic summer activity for kids: (Q, 06 lens)

More dogs:

Gymkhana, a good run:

Is there something on the other side of the trees?

A very nice buck!

Who wasn't alone:

Love the Jeep! It wasn't all that many years ago when this wasn't much more than a hulk. The owner took me for a ride in it, was I ever impressed!

A rather cool example of the rolling shutter effect (hint, the Dash 8 does not have this many propellers). Taken with the Q and the 03 lens:

Heading homeward at the end of the week. I like the camera's reflection. (also with the 03 lens)

Looking down on the L.A. marine layer soup. Sure wish I could have caught the next plane back to Vancouver and parts further north.

I've taken very few pictures since I've been back. It's been hard to get enthusiastic about photographing hot, dry, brown California after enjoying the cooler, showery, GREEN hills and mountains of B.C.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 3, 2013, 1:07 AM   #2

What a terrific series, I just love the old dog and the bronco shot, but the last one with it's wonderful layer of shades wins for me.

Rodney

My Flickr Photos

Pentax K-5 K20D K100D
Pentax DA 55-300mm 4-5.8 ED / Pentax M 200mm F4 / Pentax Tak K 135mm 2.5 / Pentax M 100mm F4 Macro / Tamron SP AF90mm 2.8 Di Macro / Pentax M 1.7 50mm / Pentax M 2.8 28mm
Rodney9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2013, 3:45 PM   #3

Very nice Harriet, you are making great use of that 06

Hans

...It is better to burn a roll of film than curse the darkness. Equip. K30, Q7, DAL 55-300, DA 35 f2.4, DA 50 f1.8 DA 18-135, SMC-M 28 f3.5, SMC M 50 f1.4, Canon P&S S100 w/CHDK Beta, Panasonic DMC-GM5, Flickr:
hnikesch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2013, 8:17 PM   #4

Mtngal, I love this series.

It feels so summer-e (if that is a word - grin). But trying to squeeze in that last bit of summer.

That bridge shot is like stepping back in time.

And the fisheye shots are so dynamic I love them! Especially the bright sun!

tacticdesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2013, 11:12 PM   #5

Thank you all!

Rodney - I was surprised that I got several half-way decent shots of the gymkhana event. It started raining right after this picture was taken, so the light wasn't great. The Q isn't the best for action shots, but I didn't notice the shutter lag as much here than when I was trying to shoot surfing.

Hans, I really am enjoying the 06, its been a good fit for me. Have you gotten your replacement lens yet?

Glenn - The fisheye turned out to be so much fun in the airplane. I only took one interior shot and wish I had taken several using higher ISO than I usually do because the one I took had a bit of camera shake/motion blur. It would have otherwise been a fun shot. Oh well, next time I guess. The funny thing is that I didn't think about using it going up. It was only when I was looking at the shots I did take that I realized that the fisheye would make for some fun shots and doing some framing of the aerial photos.
Old Sep 4, 2013, 8:10 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngal View Post

Hans, I really am enjoying the 06, its been a good fit for me. Have you gotten your replacement lens yet?
TOMORROW!!!

Hans

...It is better to burn a roll of film than curse the darkness. Equip. K30, Q7, DAL 55-300, DA 35 f2.4, DA 50 f1.8 DA 18-135, SMC-M 28 f3.5, SMC M 50 f1.4, Canon P&S S100 w/CHDK Beta, Panasonic DMC-GM5, Flickr:
hnikesch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2013, 10:25 PM   #7

Looking forward to your photos with it, hope it is as good as mine is.