Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Q

Old Sep 8, 2013, 7:36 AM   #11

Weebee - Great captures! I especially love that 1st one. It shows so much of the power of the Falls. I've never seen the Falls from the US side . . . but that's actually one of the things we added to our list of things to do next time we were there. Bring our passports and hop over the border for the day. And the Maid of the Mist is just amazing!

What are some of our recommendations?
tacticdesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2013, 9:22 AM   #12

There are a bunch of things to see on both sides of the falls. On the New York side you should check out:
Old Fort Niagara. In the summer they have reenactments of marches, cannon and musket loading and firing, marching drills, cooking in the fortress. The fortress itself is a must see.
Check out the skyway walk that takes you out over the gorge, great way to get some great pictures. Especially in the winter with the ice build ups on and over the falls.
Goat island, you can go over a bridge to goat island. This is a nice hike along the river and provides many nice views of the river and falls.
Niagara Falls Aquarium, a pretty decent place to check out. It is packed in the summer though and not an enjoyable trip. Go in the spring or fall, you'll get more out of it.
Whirlpool rapids, worth the drive. Do this in the fall if you're into autumn
foliage. The changing colors of the trees surrounding the whirlpool is a sight to see.
Niagara Falls state park. There is an excellent path along the river. And there is also a trolley that goes through the park as well. You can get this for "free" when you buy a trip package.
Drive along the Robert Moses parkway, lots to see. When we go we usually spend a day on both sides, staying at the Falls view inn on the Canadian side. Hope this gave you a few ideas!
Weebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2013, 6:57 PM   #13

Sorry to switch gears here . . . but my wife told me about this sad story yesterday.

A woman posing for a picture at a park that is near to us lost her balance and fell to her death.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/09...ns-mount-nemo/

Be careful out there!
tacticdesigns is offline   Reply With Quote