Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Q

Old Apr 18, 2014, 10:01 AM   #1

Default Cars with Q7 & 03

Shot with my Q7 and 03 at a free car museum in SE Michigan, only open to the public one day a week for 3 hours, it's privately owned by one man. What a place, and the cars are unbelievable. Processed in LR5 with some distortion correction. The cars are packed in rather tight so the FE was the lens to use.

IMGP0678 by hnikesch, on Flickr
IMGP0724 by hnikesch, on Flickr

IMGP0706 by hnikesch, on Flickr

IMGP0705 by hnikesch, on Flickr

IMGP0704 by hnikesch, on Flickr

IMGP0703 by hnikesch, on Flickr

IMGP0680-Edit by hnikesch, on Flickr

...It is better to burn a roll of film than curse the darkness. Equip. K30, Q7, DAL 55-300, DA 35 f2.4, DA 50 f1.8 DA 18-135, SMC-M 28 f3.5, SMC M 50 f1.4, Canon P&S S100 w/CHDK Beta, Panasonic DMC-GM5, Flickr:
hnikesch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 19, 2014, 12:19 PM   #2

Very good pictures. The picture quality is quite good. I didn't know what to expect from a Q camera's smaller sensor....but it's much better than I expected.

The fisheye effect is also very nice. I wonder what the Auburn and Cord frontal pics would look like if cropped a bit. I think it would really emphasize the length.

Did you take them at the Auburn, Cord, Duisenberg museum ? I have the name wrong, but I have heard of a great museum featuring those icons ....think it's in Indiana ?

A visit to that museum is on my bucket list.
lesmore49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2014, 4:33 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesmore49 View Post
Very good pictures. The picture quality is quite good. I didn't know what to expect from a Q camera's smaller sensor....but it's much better than I expected.

The fisheye effect is also very nice. I wonder what the Auburn and Cord frontal pics would look like if cropped a bit. I think it would really emphasize the length.

Did you take them at the Auburn, Cord, Duisenberg museum ? I have the name wrong, but I have heard of a great museum featuring those icons ....think it's in Indiana ?

A visit to that museum is on my bucket list.
Thanks, the IQ of the FE is not as good as the rest of the Q lenses but it's fun to use, it's only a $100. The museum is in Chesterfield TWP MI. it's a little known private warehouse museum staffed by volunteers, free admission but only open on Tuesdays from 1 to 4PM. From what I hear all the cars are owned by one guy. What a place I have only been once but plan a return soon, it's only 5 mi from my home.

Hans

...It is better to burn a roll of film than curse the darkness. Equip. K30, Q7, DAL 55-300, DA 35 f2.4, DA 50 f1.8 DA 18-135, SMC-M 28 f3.5, SMC M 50 f1.4, Canon P&S S100 w/CHDK Beta, Panasonic DMC-GM5, Flickr:
Old Apr 19, 2014, 10:12 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnikesch View Post
Thanks, the IQ of the FE is not as good as the rest of the Q lenses but it's fun to use, it's only a $100. The museum is in Chesterfield TWP MI. it's a little known private warehouse museum staffed by volunteers, free admission but only open on Tuesdays from 1 to 4PM. From what I hear all the cars are owned by one guy. What a place I have only been once but plan a return soon, it's only 5 mi from my home.

Hans
Hans,

What a place going by your photos. Looks like there is a expansive and varied selection of fine vintage cars in the museum.

The kind of place I would apply for as a volunteer.

In regards to your FE lens, I have a Pentax 10-17 zoom for my Pentax DSLR's. I love it...really gives a unique 'punch' to photos. I find I rarely use it from 10 - 15mm...usually 16-17 mm.

Les
lesmore49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2014, 11:34 AM   #5

Tuckers, Cords, Auburns and more... a fantastic collection. All it takes is money, right?

Nice work with the Q7, BTW. I had the original Q and even ordered the Q7 before cancelling and then selling the Q. It's not that I didn't like them - I really did - it's just that I just wasn't using the kit. But Q's are a ton of fun.

If I were with you on this little shoot, I'd probably would have brought either my K-5 with the 12-24 or my Ricoh GR. Thanks for posting.
Biro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2014, 4:04 PM   #6

Hi Hans,

Great work with the 03!!!
Are you using the Perry's 3D printed focus keeper with your FE? If you don't have one, it's a great help with that lens, IMO.

Scott
snostorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2014, 10:01 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biro View Post
Tuckers, Cords, Auburns and more... a fantastic collection. All it takes is money, right?

Nice work with the Q7, BTW. I had the original Q and even ordered the Q7 before cancelling and then selling the Q. It's not that I didn't like them - I really did - it's just that I just wasn't using the kit. But Q's are a ton of fun.

If I were with you on this little shoot, I'd probably would have brought either my K-5 with the 12-24 or my Ricoh GR. Thanks for posting.
Thanks, the widest I have for my k30 is an 18 so the Q was my camera of choice this time, I did bring my Canon S100 and got a few nice shots with it it's zoom goes to 24mm equiv. I need to go back.

Old Apr 20, 2014, 10:04 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by snostorm View Post
Hi Hans,

Great work with the 03!!!
Are you using the Perry's 3D printed focus keeper with your FE? If you don't have one, it's a great help with that lens, IMO.

Scott
Thanks Scott, I did just get the focus keeper but need to add Larrys tube to assist the keeper, just have tape on it now

Old Jun 8, 2014, 10:30 AM   #9

Really nice series. My sis and husband live in South Lyon and have been there often. I haven't had the chance to see it, so thank you for allowing me to visit the place through your lens.
100-300mm Minolta Maxxum APO Zoom
70-300 Sony apo G SSM Zoom
Streets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2014, 1:19 AM   #10

Nice cars!

Bill
1/8000 is offline   Reply With Quote