Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums >

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 10, 2019, 3:36 PM   #1

Default Built like a tank!

Hello all..I haven't been here for awhile but just had to post my tale about my K5-iis! Yesterday morning,I stupidly drove away with my camera and 55-300 DA L lens sitting on the back of my truck bed cover.Seven blocks from home and a few turns later I noticed it wasn't sitting on the front seat or nor was it in the back seat. So I turned around and went back home and realized it wasn't there either and began to panic.. Thinking I must have set it on the back of the truck,I jumped on my Spyder and retraced my route looking for it on the streets..no luck.Posted on the local Facebook site about it and later that evening someone replied and mentioned a street contractor turned it into the local tireshop.I picked it up this morning and lens had broken off at the body and there was a teeny little nick on the corner of the handgrip.Amazingly it powered on and I checked the dust screen and 5 large scratches appeared on the mirror!

When I got home I put a lens on and it happily fired away..buttons all work as does the focusing.Pictures are turning out fine and I rechecked the mirror and the scratch marks were gone after I tried a dust removal.OMG..this body is amazing..how many times it probably bounced on the pavement..how long it was handled and sat with the lens opening being open and it seems to be ok!

This camera body is built like a tank! Just thought I would share with people who would understand how I am feeling now
One photo is how it was found and the other is a shot of a bird I took after putting a different lens on it..
Thanks for listening(or reading)
Lisa
Attached Images

kashka is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 11, 2019, 1:25 AM   #2

Pentax cameras are built to last!
Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2019, 4:41 PM   #3

Not much out there built as tough as a top end Pentax.

Olympus E-P5, OM-D E-M1(X2): 9mm to 150mm lenses