Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums >

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 22, 2020, 7:17 PM   #1

Default Florida Hitch-hiker

I accidentally picked up a hitch-hiker when I was in Florida for Thanksgiving. I tried to carefully leave him (or her?) behind at a rest area not far from where I first spotted him, but instead of leaving him in the grass, he got loose in the trailer.

My first sight of him:

Photographed on my driverís side mirror.

I wasnít sure if he really did get loose in the trailer until I was in Biloxi Mississippi. I spotted him one day on a window but figured heíd only live a couple of days more. I didnít want to try to catch him and turn him out in a strange environment, so I didnít try.

After Christmas one day (Iím now camped in the Arizona desert) I look up to see him again.

I saw him again today. I have no idea what heís living on as I havenít seen any insects around the trailer since I got to Arizona. Or maybe heís the reason why. In any case, I wonít try to catch him, he can live as best he can inside my trailer. I know one of these days Iíll find his body somewhere, but in the meantime, Iíll look for him occasionally.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 23, 2020, 12:39 AM   #2

At least you've got someone to talk to, if you happen to feel lonely at times. :-) And he (she?) will certainly keep your van free from bugs. Does it adopt it's colour to the background?
Kjell

Last edited by bilybianca; Jan 23, 2020 at 12:42 AM.
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2020, 4:56 PM   #3

If I have the right lizard, they can change color for their environment at least between green and brown. I think itís a green anole. They have been kept as pets but I donít know much. Itís way out of its environment here in the Arizona desert.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote