Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums >

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 16, 2020, 7:03 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnikesch View Post
I also love my KP it's as close to perfect as any camera I have tried
I don't regret having to buy a K5 IIs. Going back to the K30 really shows how much better the low light auto-focus is on the K5 IIs.
a200user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2020, 11:31 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by a200user View Post
I don't regret having to buy a K5 IIs. Going back to the K30 really shows how much better the low light auto-focus is on the K5 IIs.
I don't regret purchasing my KP it is a much better camera than the K30 not that it was bad. I still may open it up one day.

...It is better to burn a roll of film than curse the darkness. Equip. K30, Q7, DA PLM 55-300, DA 18-135, DA 35 f2.4, DA 50 f1.8, SMC-M 28 f3.5, SMC M 50 f1.4, Canon P&S S100 w/CHDK Beta, Panasonic DMC-GM5, Flickr:
hnikesch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2020, 2:15 PM   #13

If you have a camera with the aperture block problem - can you do the normal procedure for shooting with an aperture ring - shooting in manual, set the aperture ring to the aperture you want and then push the green button which will temporarily stop down the lens and allow the camera to meter? I donít remember if I did that with the S1 when I discovered the problem. In the past that worked better with some lenses and not so good with others.

I did pick up my M50 f1.4 lens recently. Iíve been thinking about getting a new lens and at one point the DFA 50 f1.4 lens made its way into my shopping cart. Itís not a focal length I use much (usually want longer or wider) and thought I would use the old one for a bit, to see if Iíd use it enough to make it worthwhile to buy. It took me a bit to remember how to do it, and finding the green button with the KP took some getting used to (I donít use it very much). Iíd need to work on that if I were to shoot more with my manual lenses.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2020, 5:03 PM   #14

Thanks Harriet, I know manual still works but this AV workaround makes it easier with lenses that have an aperture ring.

...It is better to burn a roll of film than curse the darkness. Equip. K30, Q7, DA PLM 55-300, DA 18-135, DA 35 f2.4, DA 50 f1.8, SMC-M 28 f3.5, SMC M 50 f1.4, Canon P&S S100 w/CHDK Beta, Panasonic DMC-GM5, Flickr:
hnikesch is offline   Reply With Quote