Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/pentax-samsung-dslr-k-mount-mirrorless-73/)
-   -   A little autumn color (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/pentax-samsung-dslr-k-mount-mirrorless-73/little-autumn-color-132390/)

robar Nov 15, 2007 1:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
we don't get much here but here's some. i don't think you want to take any of this home..

robar Nov 15, 2007 1:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
a little more.

robar Nov 15, 2007 1:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
bombing run

mtngal Nov 15, 2007 6:01 PM

Why is it that poison oak has such great colors in the autumn? The last shot of the birds is a fun shot, I like it.

robar Nov 15, 2007 6:39 PM

H, i know what you mean. it's quite beautiful even tho you know what it is.. it's all over a couple of trees around the pond. to tell the truth, i start scratching just looking at it..

roy

penolta Nov 15, 2007 6:56 PM

robar wrote:
Quote:

H, i know what you mean. it's quite beautiful even tho you know what it is.. it's all over a couple of trees around the pond. to tell the truth, i start scratching just looking at it..

roy
You mean you are not going to pull it off the trees? If you were, I'd think you forgot to duck when those White Pelicans came over! :lol:

robar Nov 15, 2007 7:26 PM

penolta wrote:
Quote:

I'd think you forgot to duck when those White Pelicans came over! :lol:
P, it's happened before!! unfortunately, ducking, does not work....:lol:
the cormorants are the worst

roy

mtngal Nov 15, 2007 9:36 PM

I'm lucky in that I don't really react to the stuff. But I also don't go around touching it or anything. I don't think about it much since I moved up here - it doesn't like high altitudes, I think it stays below 5,000 feet.

penolta Nov 16, 2007 12:26 PM

robar wrote:
Quote:

penolta wrote:
Quote:

I'd think you forgot to duck when those White Pelicans came over! :lol:
P, it's happened before!! unfortunately, ducking, does not work....:lol:
the cormorants are the worst

roy
My vote is a Great Blue Heron. Right on top of my baldinghead in a San Diego Zoo aviary during a class field trip.:shock: The students looked horrifiedand didn't know how to react until I laughed. :lol:

robar Nov 16, 2007 2:54 PM

P, i was hit in the shoulder...down my back.
i remember a few years ago we were at an outdoor acoustics jam and the player/singer got hit by a grackle on the the left cheek and down the front of his shirt. he looked, shook his head and never missed a beat. dedication , i guess..

roy

NonEntity1 Nov 16, 2007 8:35 PM

They seem to target my wife. Once we were at a park that had an aviary and she refused to go in, citing this fact. As me and the kids were wandering through, a wild bird flew over and targeted her on the bench where she sat outside! :lol:

Tim

robar Nov 17, 2007 10:22 AM

NonEntity1 wrote:
Quote:

They seem to target my wife. Once we were at a park that had an aviary and she refused to go in, citing this fact. As me and the kids were wandering through, a wild bird flew over and targeted her on the bench where she sat outside! :lol:

Tim
:blah:ROTFLMAO!!!!

tsquare Nov 18, 2007 7:25 PM

NonEntity1 wrote:
Quote:

They seem to target my wife. Once we were at a park that had an aviary and she refused to go in, citing this fact. As me and the kids were wandering through, a wild bird flew over and targeted her on the bench where she sat outside! :lol:

Tim
My wife got "targeted" at the Washington National Zoo several years ago. She had just had her hair done about 3 hours earlier, and she got hit dead center in the top of the head. Let me tell you, she was heck to live with the rest of the day.:G

Edit: Interesting note. I realized I should not have used the word he-double hockey sticks in my original post, and by the time I tried to edit it, it had changed to "heck". Man, that was quick!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 9:33 PM.