Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/pentax-samsung-dslr-k-mount-mirrorless-73/)
-   -   Photo chosen for online guidebook (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/pentax-samsung-dslr-k-mount-mirrorless-73/photo-chosen-online-guidebook-144631/)

Dal1970 Jul 28, 2008 3:49 PM

Just to share with my fellow Pentaxians.

I was asked if I was OK to have one of my photos included in a guide to Scotland - more specifically for Edinburgh Zoo.

No payment, but my name will be credited under the shot.

Of course I agreed, and today I have found out that mine is one of the chosen.

http://www.schmap.com/edinburgh/sights_sighthill/#p=1930&i=1930_15.jpg

The King Penguin - Darren Varney. Clicking on it takes you to my Flickr page.

Not often my shots get included anywhere.

Next step payment???

Dal

Black Knight Jul 28, 2008 4:12 PM

Dal

Congrats on getting your picture selected. This type of exposure could lead to all sorts of good Things!!

Phil

Dal1970 Jul 28, 2008 4:19 PM

Thanks Phil

Funny thing is, that same shot has been refused by 2 stck agencies as unsaleable...

Go figure!!!

Seems I still have a lot to learn :mad:

Dal

bilybianca Jul 28, 2008 4:59 PM

Congrats to a well deserved recognition! That's what we all dream about, but few will ever experience.

Kjell

Goldwinger Jul 28, 2008 7:25 PM

Way to go Dal! :D

That is one gorgeous penguin!:cool: Don't think I ever saw one like that beforeā€¦
I took a look at some of your pic on Flickr, I got a big kick out of the dry wall work in your home, been there done that! Looks like the finished product was worth the effort though.:-)

Driver3 Jul 28, 2008 7:45 PM

Congrats for that! Gorgeous penguin! Well done.

Dennis

thekman620 Jul 28, 2008 9:19 PM

Congratulations Dal! I can see why they want to use it...great shot!..cheers...Don

nhmom Jul 28, 2008 9:57 PM

Congrats, Dal. That's one cool photo.

Patty

mtngal Jul 28, 2008 11:19 PM

Well done! It is a nice picture. As far as the stock photo stuff goes - it seems to me that with so many people owning dSLRs now that agencies have a huge choice now and you have to take something exceptional to get accepted. Good luck if you are pursuing it.

Rodney9 Jul 29, 2008 12:45 AM

Congratulations Dal

Dal1970 Jul 29, 2008 1:53 AM

Thank you everyone for your kind words.

It is mainly thanks to this forum that I

a) Initially bought a Pentax (DL2) rather than another Nikon

b) progressed and improved, thanks to the wonderful constuctive criticism found here.

c) continue to enjoy everyone's shots and take a little bit of their technique with me.

This has to be probably the best forum on the net (for Pentax....)

Dal

Lyrics51 Jul 29, 2008 2:21 AM

Way to go Dal!

Glenn

snostorm Jul 29, 2008 4:08 AM

Hi Dal,

Congrats! It's nice to be "officially" recognized and know that your work will be appreciated by many. That's got to be satisfying. . .

Getting paid doesn't matter -- at least to me -- I think that trying to make a living from photography would take all of the fun out of it, and it's never been an ambition of mine -- though it would be nice to recoup some of the money LBA has drained from the bank account. . .:evil:

Scott

jachol Jul 29, 2008 4:35 AM

Well done Dal !, hope better things come of it ... Jack.

vIZnquest Jul 29, 2008 8:15 AM

Well done Dal!

It is nice to see that there is merit in the work that we do and share. Good to see someone put your efforts out there front and center.

I am sure something else will make it somewhere for you. Definitely, as I put it an AMO. Ability, Means, Opportunity.

Mahalo,

Tom

Dal1970 Jul 29, 2008 10:02 AM

Oncce again, thnaks guys.

Scot - that has always been my take on photography. As soon as it becomes a job, it stops being so much fun. But it would be nice to sell a few, to enable a healthy LBA....

Dal