Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Sep 6, 2006, 3:40 PM   #11

Like Ira - I only have the 18-55mm kit lens. It is not nearly as sharp as the old screw mount super Takumars I have. Granted, they are not at all automatic, but many of us old photographers grew up with manual cameras, like the Spotmatic and K1000. The quality of these old lenses has been proven over time and cannot be questioned now. To each his own and I know a lot of people on this forum still use there old glass faithfully and with very good results. The picture in my avatar was taken with an old screw mount super takumar, manual everything- Bruce
bper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2006, 3:56 PM   #12

i wish i had a DA 50-200mm
i'd love to set it up against an A70-210mm
just to see which is sharper..

roy
Old Sep 7, 2006, 8:04 AM   #13

This shot was made with the 50-200. Only had the DS and lens for about (2) weeks.

Over the years I had collected quite a few lenses (18) including the F4 70-210. Unfortunately I sold all of them to get into digital (real bad mistake). IMO I don't think the 70-210 could do better than this butI have been wrong before.

Attached Images

DMJJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2006, 10:24 PM   #14

Well, I've been wandering around with the 16045 (new digital lens with all the hype) and an old 45-125 K lens. Have to use the K lens in manual (DUH, it's a manual lens) and not EXIF (was invented after the lens was long discontinued).

No problems with the K lens. Got some of my best shots with it. I guess I'm a dinosaur!

danag42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2006, 10:30 PM   #15

DMJJR, that picture is gorgeous! Is that Perkins Cove in Oggunquit Maine?
Rufus T Firefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2006, 7:54 AM   #16

Yes it is-takenfrom the balcony at the Riverside Motel-August 12th. Had my DS for about (2) weeks-shot in JPEG mode with "photo polishing" in Elements 2. Every other setting was "auto"
DMJJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2006, 9:42 AM   #17

Just one note, since I installed the split image rangefinder screen I have been using the old 50mm and the 70-210mm zoom almost exclusively. No issues here.

Ira
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2006, 9:46 AM   #18

balofagus wrote:
Quote:
How true is this? Does it pose any serious problem? Should I ignore this as nonsensical?
Sean, it is not nonsense but it is over stated. Some lenses may give problems in very bright light but I don't think it will be serious unless you are very aprticular about your images and often shoot into bright lights.

Ira
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2006, 10:11 AM   #19

DMJJR wrote:
Quote:
This shot was made with the 50-200. Only had the DS and lens for about (2) weeks.

Over the years I had collected quite a few lenses (18) including the F4 70-210. Unfortunately I sold all of them to get into digital (real bad mistake). IMO I don't think the 70-210 could do better than this butI have been wrong before.

great shot. i don't think anything could shoot sharper. shame you sold your other equipment as it would work very well with your new DS..
Old Sep 8, 2006, 7:55 PM   #20

DMJJR wrote:
Quote:
This shot was made with the 50-200.
Wow, now there is one to get blown up and framed. Great shot.

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote