Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Sep 3, 2006, 6:55 PM   #1

Quite a successful day today and shooting all kinds of different subjects. Thought i would share some before I upload to my gallery.

Please critique ANYTIME - I can take it.
nlp239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 3, 2006, 7:07 PM   #2

Hi nlp239

All three are excellent Shots. I espesially like the First Shot.
I am not entirely Sure i like the angles on the second and third Shots. Buts thats more to do with Personal taste than anything else.
I really want To shot a car Show, but i have missed 3 already and the Summer is almost Gone.

Thanks for Sharing
Phil
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2006, 7:36 PM   #3

Hi Phil, thanks for the comments. Angles are not quite normal for me but I was in one of those moods today. Actually you'll often see such angles at Street Rods shows.

This is the height of the car show season. Many of the NSRA shows are being held right now. Have a look here to see of any in your area - http://www.nsra-usa.com/

In my experience, and I've shot many, the best time is to show up before the drivers do. Setup your tripod on the road where they're coming in. They'll even slow down for you. Owners are really proad of their cars and those who have worked on their own have a right to be.

JC
Old Sep 3, 2006, 11:01 PM   #4

Hi JC

Thanks for the info and the link. Never Shot a street rod Show. Most Times the Owners have Unorganized Shows, But thats about it. Over The Summer i only Heard about one and Unfortunatly i was not around the day that happened.

Post Some more when You get a chance

THX

Phil
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2006, 11:19 PM   #5

i much prefer the third one

the angling (is that a real use of the word?) works for me

the first one is a bit "normal"

the second one i am waiting for the cars to roll out of the photo lol

or hot / stret rod season is just starting

the first one was last sunday but i couldnt go

i did go last year the photos are here if you want to take a look at some West Aussie cars
http://johndolphin.net/photos/categories.php?cat_id=27

Gumnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2006, 11:37 PM   #6

Great shots. I think they all came out well. I actually like the 2nd and 3rd ones the best. Hahaha. I guess everybody has their own preferences. Good job.
royce10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2006, 11:58 PM   #7

All are nice. Second one rocks! Great tonal balance and composition! I would love to see more. Keep it up.

Jon
jabilson007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2006, 6:06 AM   #8

The first shot is about something that many of us here feel very close to - specially with 9-11 coming-up.

Phil, and anyone else interested, if you ask nicely many of the owners will take the exhibitor's paper off the windshield/windscreen and close the hood/bonnet. Like I said, they're proud of their machines.

There's a good business out there for those who are good in editing software. I had been going to one particular show every year before the drivers showed-up and whilst the dew was in the air until one guy, who was a member, decided to show up with his N and setup a booth with a PC and Printer and sold unprocessed prints for something like twenty or twenty-five Canajian bucks a piece. They sold like cup-cakes.

Here's my brother's 1932 Plymouth Coupe - he built this from top to bottom and it ain't fibreglass. The PP on the image is your truly.

Other shots from yesterday's shoot is here
Attached Images