Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Sep 3, 2006, 11:03 PM   #1

Hi everyone, coming out of lurkdom, after going through this board a week or so ago, I decided to go with a DL, the shots you've shared are amazing- I am a portrait artist- animals, and in graphic design, and in college taking a photography class- so maybe I'll kind of figure out how it works-:-)

Here is one of my first tries with it, just have the 18-55 lense for it, but am really amazed- a new world is opening up...

Robin
Attached Images

robynart is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 4, 2006, 6:40 AM   #2

Welcome Robin - I sound like a doorman these days.

Anyway, did you have to go for the MOST difficult subjects to p'graph? You'll get frustrated BEFORE you start enjoying the camera.
nlp239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2006, 9:34 AM   #3

Thanks for the welcome- here is another victim- a bit easier to get-

my husband has an old pentax film camera with a 50mm lense, which from reading here looks like it will work with mine?
Attached Images

Old Sep 4, 2006, 9:42 AM   #4

robin,
welcome to the board. you made the right decision. being an artist already i can't wait to see your shots once you get the technical details down. hubby's lens will work great along with about 24,000,000 others out there.

roy
Old Sep 4, 2006, 2:35 PM   #5

Welcome to the Borad. I'm new around here too. I think you'll find that this is a great Board with friendly people that are very informative and willing to help.
Spiritbro77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2006, 2:47 PM   #6

forgot to add,
the only stupid, dumb question you can ask, is the one you don't..
Old Sep 4, 2006, 11:07 PM   #7

Thanks for the reminder of no stupid questions- i look at you alls photos and am really impressed, maybe i';; get some of those close shots one of these days, for now i read and learn...:shock:

oh, and here is a close up i was trying the macro on it- got a long way to go...

:idea:

Attached Images

Old Sep 5, 2006, 7:09 AM   #8

robynart wrote:
Quote:
Thanks for the reminder of no stupid questions- i look at you alls photos and am really impressed, maybe i';; get some of those close shots one of these days, for now i read and learn...:shock:

oh, and here is a close up i was trying the macro on it- got a long way to go...

:idea:

robin, for a shot like this you may want to try a smaller aperture for more DOF and the onboard flash.. give it a try.
Old Sep 5, 2006, 9:56 PM   #9

robynart wrote:
Quote:
Welcome from another noob. I decided on the Pentax in part because I wanted to keep hanging out here with the helpful people on this board. There is certainly a lot of knowledge being shared here. A month ago I couldn't spell Pentaxian, now I is one!

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote