Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 4, 2006, 4:46 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 411
Default

This first shot was taken with the kit lens and a +10 diopter, I had to crop considerably as the fly was very small.



These three were taken with the Sigma 70-300mm plus ext tubes.

First one is as the pic was shot, no cropping



This is the above pic with some of the empty background cropped out



And finally, this one was cropped to remove some of the wooden fencing that obstructed the image



Enjoy,

Alison

alibunnylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 4, 2006, 5:06 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 1,868
Default

Fantastic as usual Alison. I just can't seem to get mine as pin sharp as yours.

Oh Well back to the drawing board.



Darren


Dal1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2006, 5:33 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 411
Default

Dal1970 wrote:
Quote:
Fantastic as usual Alison. I just can't seem to get mine as pin sharp as yours.

Oh Well back to the drawing board.



Darren

Not all mine are sharp, I do get quite alot that are no good, it's just practice, practice and more practice, oh, and then a bit more practice on top of that! lol!

Alison
alibunnylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2006, 5:54 PM   #4
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 57
Default

Hi,

As always your photos are fantastic. You have a very creative eye when you shot.

Greatgreyowl/Brad
greatgreyowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2006, 6:10 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 1,868
Default

alibunnylady wrote:
Quote:
Dal1970 wrote:
Quote:
Fantastic as usual Alison. I just can't seem to get mine as pin sharp as yours.

Oh Well back to the drawing board.



Darren

Not all mine are sharp, I do get quite alot that are no good, it's just practice, practice and more practice, oh, and then a bit more practice on top of that! lol!

Alison
So true. When I first started, about 20 years ago, I used to get 1 out of 36 I was happy with. 3 years of almost daily practise and I had about15 out of 36.

Just hope I don't have to wait 3 years to recover my dubious skills.

Still at about 1 out of 50 (others tell me differently, but I am very self-critical).



Darren


Dal1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2006, 6:29 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 411
Default

Dal1970 wrote:
Quote:
alibunnylady wrote:
Quote:
Dal1970 wrote:
Quote:
Fantastic as usual Alison. I just can't seem to get mine as pin sharp as yours.

Oh Well back to the drawing board.



Darren

Not all mine are sharp, I do get quite alot that are no good, it's just practice, practice and more practice, oh, and then a bit more practice on top of that! lol!

Alison
So true. When I first started, about 20 years ago, I used to get 1 out of 36 I was happy with. 3 years of almost daily practise and I had about15 out of 36.


Still at about 1 out of 50 (others tell me differently, but I am very self-critical).



Darren


You will find if you talk to any photographer, including professionals that they will only get around 2 or 3 out of about 35 shots that are considered good. So it's not just us amateurs that experience naff shots, the pros do too!

Alison
alibunnylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2006, 6:53 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 1,868
Default

alibunnylady wrote:
Quote:
Dal1970 wrote:
Quote:
alibunnylady wrote:
Quote:
Dal1970 wrote:
Quote:
Fantastic as usual Alison. I just can't seem to get mine as pin sharp as yours.

Oh Well back to the drawing board.



Darren

Not all mine are sharp, I do get quite alot that are no good, it's just practice, practice and more practice, oh, and then a bit more practice on top of that! lol!

Alison
So true. When I first started, about 20 years ago, I used to get 1 out of 36 I was happy with. 3 years of almost daily practise and I had about15 out of 36.


Still at about 1 out of 50 (others tell me differently, but I am very self-critical).



Darren


You will find if you talk to any photographer, including professionals that they will only get around 2 or 3 out of about 35 shots that are considered good. So it's not just us amateurs that experience naff shots, the pros do too!

Alison
Very true. I suppose I should stop tryig to capture everything and concentrate on 1 or 2 items. Just still so excited about my first SLR for 6 or 7 years. Plus the variety of equipment I have.



Darren


Dal1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2006, 2:26 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
jabilson007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 182
Default

Very nice shots. How close do you get to the subject for shots like this?
Jon
jabilson007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2006, 8:23 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 411
Default

jabilson007 wrote:
Quote:
Very nice shots. How close do you get to the subject for shots like this?
Jon
With the fly one, I was using a +10 diopter with the kit lens so got very close, just a matter of a few inches away, can't have been any closer than that cos it would have surely flown off.

With the dragonfly, because I was using the extension tubes with my sigma set at betwee 200 and 300mm macro, I was able to remain a good 12 inches away, you can't get any closer than that with that set up which is actually good cos it gives you more working space and less risk of missing your subject.

Alison
alibunnylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2006, 8:58 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
ennacac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 4,198
Default

Amazingly sharp for the kit lens! Just goes to show you can make nice images without a true macro lens.

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 3:05 AM.