Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Sep 15, 2006, 6:40 AM   #51

gfurm wrote:
Quote:
going back to the football issue: how come you call it football if they don't play with feet? they grab this ball and throw it or run with it, in proper football they kick it with their feet. :blah:that's why it's FOOTball
I agree completely. Yourfootball (our soccer) fits the name "football" much better. I'm not sure how we ended up calling it that. But that doesn't change the fact that our football is a better sport! :blah:
gadgetnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2006, 8:13 AM   #52

Now you've done it - bringing up the whole football vs. football thing. Think I'm glad I'm an ice hockey fan (yes, there are a few of those out here in Southern California!).
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2006, 9:33 AM   #53

i'm not really football fan (I mean proper football). with all this cheating going on right now. sometimes player got barely touched and he's rolling on the ground like he was hit by a truck and in few seconds he's ok. in rugby they can play bleeding and with broken ribs (really happened few weeks ago)and nobody is trying to con refeere.

and the money they earn is just rudicolous (160 000$ a week for kicking ball??)

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"I agree your game (whatever you guys call it but it's not football :blah is more exciting and I don't think there's cheating involved.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"anyway: this NASCAR shot is great, sharp without any blur and there's accident of course. great capture.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"not too much motion blur in photos from this game (not football :blah still very goot sport shots. it certainly is good camera for sport, you got all in focus and blur comes only from slow shutter speed.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"and by the way. I think pros shooting football games use high iso speed like 1600 or 3200 because you can see all this noise in their photos when in they are newspaper, especially when printed in colour.
gfurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2006, 12:41 PM   #54

Now, Aussie Rules football is an awesome game, fast and furious at times with some spectacular marks

No pads or helmets

But if you want full on hard hitting non stop, no referee whistles stopping play every tens seconds, no offensive - defensive team change overs, one team of 11 versus another of 11 and did I mention no helmets, the Rubgy is the way to go, whether it is Union or Leage I don't care.

okay...now watch me run..as the "My footy is better than your footy" comments start to fly...though I do like a good Ice hockey stoush. :-)

Peacekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2006, 1:00 PM   #55

Crashman wrote:
Quote:
Now, Aussie Rules football is an awesome game, fast and furious at times with some spectacular marks

No pads or helmets...

....did I mention no helmets,
I see a helmet. :blah:
gadgetnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2006, 2:45 PM   #56

I like chess!

Kjell
bilybianca is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2006, 5:54 PM   #57

Crashman wrote:
Quote:

No pads or helmets

But if you want full on hard hitting non stop, no referee whistles stopping play every tens seconds, no offensive - defensive team change overs, one team of 11 versus another of 11 and did I mention no helmets, the Rubgy is the way to go, whether it is Union or Leage I don't care.

okay...now watch me run..as the "My footy is better than your footy" comments start to fly...though I do like a good Ice hockey stoush. :-)
Rather than Australian rules football it should be called "no-rules" football.

What do you get when you combine football (soccer), rugby and hand to hand combat... Aussie rules football.

Oh well we play hockey, the usual gag is "I was at the fights last night and a hockey game broke out!"

Ira

Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2006, 10:48 PM   #58

Thats not a helmet, thats just some padding :blah:

Ira, I know what you mean (why am I writing in italics??)

Peacekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2006, 6:50 PM   #59

Well, this is just middle school American football, but it was the first opportunity to try the K100 at sports. I felt it did pretty well, especially as the evening progressed and the sun set. (BTW, I don't care two whits about most sports but my daughter is in the band so I was there with the camera in any case).

Attached Images

NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2006, 6:51 PM   #60

The kids were certainly taking the game seriously.
Attached Images

NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote