Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Sep 6, 2006, 6:03 PM   #1

Hi all, just received my new DS and Tamron 18-200 lens yesterday. Got to play around with it this evening. This is a shot I tried in the wifes rose garden. This is my first digital SLR moved up from a Nikon 990, (WOW) what a difference. What do Y'all think of my first attempt?
Thanks Barry
Attached Images

HillbillyDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 6, 2006, 6:25 PM   #2

Hi and welcome from another relative newcomer (and DSLR newbie). That looks like a beautiful rose and the focus is good. The center looks a little overexposed to me but it may just be the light color of the inner rose petals. I don't know if taking the shot at a slight angle rather than straight on would make a difference. Also, understand that I am really new to this too, there will be far more knowledgable heads than mine to weigh in and hopefully give you better feedback. This is a great place to hang out and learn!

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2006, 6:35 PM   #3

Thanks Tim
I was in the shade and flash went off. Do think that could have caused it to wash out in the center or I could have been to close.

Barry

Old Sep 6, 2006, 7:13 PM   #4

welcome to the forum barry.. this is overexposed 1-2 stops. try taking the same thing but adjust you flash output. turn cam on, press then menu button, press the 4 way controller up one time. here you can adjust the flash exposure. press the 4 way to the right and then move down to set the compensation. try the same pic at -1, and -2 ..

again, welcome to the forum,
roy
Old Sep 6, 2006, 7:36 PM   #5

Welcome on board.
You have a very brilliant start in posting to his forum. Some finetuning may be needed as Roy has said. Keep posting. You are starting to explore its potential.

Daniel , Toronto
www.phase.com/danieltong

HillbillyDS wrote:
Quote:
Hi all, just received my new DS and Tamron 18-200 lens yesterday. Got to play around with it this evening. This is a shot I tried in the wifes rose garden. This is my first digital SLR moved up from a Nikon 990, (WOW) what a difference. What do Y'all think of my first attempt?
Thanks Barry
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2006, 8:12 PM   #6

Thanks for the input all. That was an attempt in RAW, I tweeked it some more in Photoshop and made it a lot better but its still over exposed. Maybe I can try again tomorrow after work. I know 1 thing after only 2 days with this camera, and I am a noob I really love this thing.

Barry

Old Sep 6, 2006, 8:24 PM   #7

i only shoot in raw. a little under exposure is ok unless you are shooting at higher ISOs..
Old Sep 6, 2006, 10:30 PM   #8

Try shooting without the flash! Welcome also.

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2006, 7:05 PM   #9

Tried again tonight, no flash. Can you tell the difference? Just kiddin, man what difference.
Attached Images

Old Sep 7, 2006, 7:06 PM   #10

Same angle as yesterday.
Attached Images